Andy Powell

Baytt
Baytt Posts: 102
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
not sure if this is in the right place but ill give it ago

has anyone heard of a bike called Andy Powell - it was a steel hand built frame, looked quite old, cant really tell though.

Thanks

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I thought Andy Powell was something to do with drunken golf cart rampages?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Andy Powell + M4 + golf buggy + alcohol + Police = sack!
  • Not Rick Powell, framebuilder in Dinnington, South Yorkshire?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Andy Powell is one of the gtr players in Wishbone Ash. Cozy Powell was a famous rock drummer and Don Powell is the drummer in Slade. Baden Powell set up the Scout movt. Any of these linked to the bike trade :) :?:
    M.Rushton
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Andy Powell IIRC is the son of Arthur(?) Powell of Overburys fame. I knew he was still churning out frames but assumed he'd still be using his father's good name.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Any relation to Peter Powell the x radio 1 DJ ?
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    mrushton wrote:
    Andy Powell is one of the gtr players in Wishbone Ash. Cozy Powell was a famous rock drummer and Don Powell is the drummer in Slade. Baden Powell set up the Scout movt. Any of these linked to the bike trade :) :?:

Dave Hinde used to be a roadie for Motorhead or somebody. Might explain a lot...
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    mrushton wrote:

Dave Hine used to be a roadie for The Motorhead or somebody, might explain a lot...