Deciding Factors

cabbage1875
cabbage1875 Posts: 36
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
Your first road bike or any bike for that matter what was the main reasons you when for it? having difficulty deciding just now. :?

exercise.png

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Your first road bike or any bike for that matter what was the main reasons you when for it? having difficulty deciding just now. :?

How it looked.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    It was either a bike or walking
    Cycling weakly
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Because it felt awesome to ride. I can't describe the feeling accurately without sounding like a total nob (I'm gonna give it a go anyway) but it just felt right and part of me, there was an instant but somehow familiar feeling of comfort. Had the same thing with my acoustic guitar as soon as I played a couple of chords on it I knew it was the right one.

It was actually the first road bike I tested too, I tried a shed load of others but kept going back to the first one. The more I rode it the more I liked it too, had about 3 or 4 test rides on it. £400 off closed the deal.

One will talk to you sooner or later.
    :roll:
  • Best frame I could afford. everything else can be fixed at a later date as pocket allows
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Drink to much to trust my-self with a driving licence :wink:
  • Budget
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    NapoleonD wrote:

How it looked.

+1
    A bike has to ' wow' you - of course budget comes in to it - but I wouldn't hand over my cash unless the bike had the wow factor. I would buy a lower spec bike that I liked the look of, rather than a bland bike with Dura Ace
  • def has to be looks! yes us blokes are all shallow! :lol:

then colour to match our eyes and kit.

Im sure performance and fit matters too though.
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Felt perfect when first sat on it - having tried quite a few others which all felt slightly stretched (58cm) or too small (56cm). A mate saw it in the sale (£175 off) and pointed it out to me - I'd never considered a Bianchi before. Oh and it looks the dogs bollox! :D