Mountain Cycle Battery

OwenBird
OwenBird Posts: 210
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Here's my battery. It's the utter bomb shit.
20100220img1035.jpg
SOLD!

Comments

• saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    8)
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Very tasty, in my opinion it needs either orange grips and orange e.13 or celeste grips.

I really want a bonkers bike like that though!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    weird choice of fork for a slopesyle bike...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • OwenBird
    ilovedirt wrote:
    weird choice of fork for a slopesyle bike...
    How so? They're single crown (big crossups, OK to stack), are burlier than my mum, have enough travel and are active enough to absorb chatter and drops, and air sprung so I can tune 'em to sag exactly right. The only thing I had trouble with was dropping them on a rock and cracking a lower. Lovely forks in all other aspects.

If intense made those grips in orange...I would consider it. I'm not much of a colour co-ordinator. I just buy kit that does its job properly and slap it on.
    SOLD!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    they're just really long travel is all, on a bike like that, i wouldn't have mroe than 140mm, personally.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I like that, i like it a lot. Any idea how short you can go with forks? Was contemplating one of these, but the forks i've got are 100mm, just wondering if it'd make it a bit steep...
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    ilovedirt wrote:
    they're just really long travel is all, on a bike like that, i wouldn't have mroe than 140mm, personally.

160-180mm on a SS build is pretty normall.

I ran Totem Coils on my Wildcard.
  • OwenBird
    ilovedirt wrote:

160-180mm on a SS build is pretty normall.

I ran Totem Coils on my Wildcard.
    It's only a long fork if you set it up hard! Cuh!

I don't know how short you can go with Battery frames. Most folks seem to be using pikes or something like that. I'm a fat clumsy bugger so I thought I'd err on the side of beef.
    SOLD!
  • how did you go with the chain line setup when running the saint cranks? I saw a lot of guys had trouble finding cranks to clear the battery's swingarm.
  • OwenBird
    Yeah it's true, it was a pain in the arse. It runs really close to the swingarm on the non drive side. I just juggled spacers around 'till something worked. I suspect it's probably not a recommended setup but I'm satisfied that it's not going to kill me.

I was a bit surprised that there wasn't an ISCG mount, it's not an 83mm shell, and it's only a 135mm rear dropout too. Seems odd that the HT would be oversized but not the rest. Anyway, little idiosyncracies that get forgotten about as soon as I'm rolling on it.
    SOLD!
  • The Big Cheese
    I think they are gorgeous, fantastic little frames. And for the money they are outstanding value. I am seriously thinking of getting one, just to lark about on (I am not some gnarly hucker/slopestyler and a bit of a pussy nowadays) but just for a playbike, like a big BMX.

That Orange really 'POPS' .......

Funds sadly will not allow it at the moment, after what I spent on the hardtail....

Anyway, shall say it again, gorgeous, I think they should get more coverage, but then the prices would rise sadly no doubt!!!!
  • OwenBird
    I think they are gorgeous, fantastic little frames. And for the money they are outstanding value. I am seriously thinking of getting one, just to lark about on (I am not some gnarly hucker/slopestyler and a bit of a pussy nowadays) but just for a playbike, like a big BMX.

That Orange really 'POPS' .......

Funds sadly will not allow it at the moment, after what I spent on the hardtail....

Anyway, shall say it again, gorgeous, I think they should get more coverage, but then the prices would rise sadly no doubt!!!!
    Yes, I was surprised int he lack of interest when they were introduced as well.
    SOLD!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228

Like the Wildcard? :wink:
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • The Big Cheese
    BlackSpur wrote:

Like the Wildcard? :wink:

Nope, believe it or not, that was the same size as my GT now, wasn't that small....... ;)

So there!!!! :P
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Awesome bike :D
    If ever get a freeride bike, this is the kind of bike i would want- no colour scheme, useless uphills, but mentally good in the air
  • OwenBird
    Dingdingding! This guy gets it.
    SOLD!
  • Dark Lord
    Dark Lord Posts: 1,469
    looks sweet, mine
    p4pb5385787.jpg