Keswick mountain festival sportive

giant_man
giant_man Posts: 6,878
Anyone doing this? 3 different distances, the furthest one I fancy must admit. I've no experience of the area though, killer routes or just another challenge? From a web site:

The Keswick Mountain Festival Sportive, to be held on Saturday 22 May 2010, has three levels of difficulty:

* The big one – This route takes the rider up Whinlatter, Newlands and Honister passes twice, each time from different directions. It covers 105 kilometres (65 miles) and climbs 3,140 metres (10,300 feet).

* The medium one – this route includes four climbs to a total of 2,700 metres (8, 860 feet) and over 90 kilometres (56 miles) of road.

* The little one – This route covers 46 kilometres (28 miles) and two big climbs of 1,290 metres in total (4,230 feet).

Comments

• Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Nothing to fear with Whinlatter either direction, Newlands is a long soul destroying exposed drag but at least reasonably constant, Honister for me is third only to Hardknott and Wrynose in Lakeland climb terms though others would not agree. Honister also quite different in each direction - west tough early on but eases slightly - east the opposite.