SCR Daydreams

rjsterry
rjsterry Posts: 27,671
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Left the bike in the office last night, so got the train in this morning. After exhausting all that Metro had to tell me (oooh, a good 5 minutes in), I started fantasizing about the perfect SCR run in. They'd have relaid the tarmac all the way from Balham to Kennington in one billiard table-smooth ribbon of black velvet, with all the junctions reconfigured to remove the need to change lanes or stop at RLs. This would allow a big buildup of speed all the way from the crest of Clapham Common down under the railway bridge, with definite potential to use 52x11 and carry that speed up to Oval, before a sprint up Kennington Road.[sigh]

Never going to happen, but it made the commute pass more quickly. Anyone else got any perfect rides in their head (nothing pervy please I don't need to know that much about anyone)?
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition

Comments

• That one sounds pretty spot on! The only thing you missed out was the permanent tailwind which switched directions so it blew east in the morning and west in the evening........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    That one sounds pretty spot on! The only thing you missed out was the permanent tailwind which switched directions so it blew east in the morning and west in the evening........

And the Ulrich Vogel custom-built lugged steel frame I'd be riding on
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition