Any one been to Dublin?

nathanman
nathanman Posts: 129
edited February 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Im going on a stag weekend to dublin in couple of weeks and whilst we shall be quaffing large quantities of ale, we're not really up for doing the rip off tourist thing.

Does any one have suggestions for bars and eateries that are decent and of reasonable value (I know Dublin is pretty expensive in general) that will actually give us an experience of what its like to go out and meet dubliners (rather than other stag/hen parties)?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if you want to meet lots of genuine irishmen and their kin without being surrounded by other stag do's. the best place i can recommend is liverpool: full of irishmen (scousers are just irish men who can swim) and it is without question the best town in the whole world to go drinking in.

sorry for being no help at all.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Just head to Temple Bar with all the other hen and stag dos and keep the rest of the city clear for everyone else...
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    yeah temple bar is the place to be. we stayed in a hotel there when i proposed to the missus couple of years back.

its no cheap though, think it is 6 euros for a guinness. go to the St James Brewery, its a must!
    Just head to Temple Bar with all the other hen and stag dos and keep the rest of the city clear for everyone else...
  • Just head to Temple Bar with all the other hen and stag dos and keep the rest of the city clear for everyone else...

Tar and brush spring to mind! The idea is not to do the usual stag do thing and actually get to see a bit of what dublin is about, not just abuse the place and learn nothing about the culture and people.
  • Strathy - Thanks for the brewery tour advice, i'll check it out.