Garmin Edge 500

marco67
marco67 Posts: 91
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi, hope someone who has one of these can help me.

Can you tell me how many bike mounts are supplied in the basic set-up. The recent review in C Plus suggested that it was supplied with 3, but the Garmin website suggests a singular bike mount. I've also not been able to find an option anywhere to buy additional mounts or do the Edge 205-705 mounts work.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ciao Marco

Comments

• They are different mounts for the 500 (twist on/off type). You can get spare ones from CRC for £8.99

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44129

No idea how many are supplied in the box.
  • One mount, but several straps. It is very easy to move the mount between bikes; the straps are a stretch fit. The difficulty is with the speed/cadence sensor, this needs to be cable tied on. However, speed/cadence is not essential, the 500 can work out speed from GPS position without it.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    i've got the speed cadence one and it come with 2 mounts. Where you getting it from as i got mine from handtec.co.uk they where the cheapest by far.

hope i was some help
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Thanks for your replies, i'm still not clear so i've e mailed Garmin to ask - they promise to answer with 3 days - wish I could get away with that. At least I know I can order from CRC.

Cal, how were handtec, had read some not so positive reviews of dealing with them.

cheers
    Ciao Marco
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    they were fine with me. got the tax off as well as living aboard and it was a lot less painfull than most uk companys. emailed them a question got a answer in 24hrs.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • wasabi_m
    wasabi_m Posts: 164
    also own hr/cadence, came supplied with two brackets
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    marco67 wrote:
    Thanks for your replies, i'm still not clear so i've e mailed Garmin to ask - they promise to answer with 3 days - wish I could get away with that. At least I know I can order from CRC.

Cal, how were handtec, had read some not so positive reviews of dealing with them.

cheers

Handtec were fine when I bought my 705. All the people I know who've used them recommended them to me before I bought my 705
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Bought mine from handtec as a package. Included HR and Cadence (only one mount). Best price around by far. Currently #187 inc vat