So want to hit the buy button

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
For this & this. Payday in 2 minutes, must resist.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Do. They weigh a ton.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    2 mins is up !
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    For the love of God NO! I saw a hipster yesterday running disc wheels front and back. WTF is that all about?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,688
    For the love of God NO! I saw a hipster yesterday running disc wheels front and back. WTF is that all about?

Almost makes you wish for a cross wind doesn't it. Never understood that "I've got aero wheels designed for 30+mph track racing, but I'm just pootling around Hoxton" look. You'd really want to avoid hitting a pothole on those as well.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Polo.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Polo.

Furry muff.

Incredulity duly retracted.

Saw some Polo types on the train the other day, complete with bikes and mallets. Tough trying to explain that to the missus, the Turkish barely understand the concept of sport as it is (aside from football)...
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    Polo.

Furry muff.

Saw some Polo types on the train the other day, complete with bikes and mallets. Tough trying to explain that to the missus, the Turkish barely understand the concept of sport as it is (aside from football)...

Why do they need discs for polo?
  • Matt.K
    Matt.K Posts: 105
    I'm guessing spokes and swinging mallets aren't a good combination unless you like flying over the bars all the time!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Polo.

Furry muff.

Why do they need discs for polo?
    Mallet in spokes is bad juju.

• Why do they need discs for polo?

Polo bats in spokes is never a good thing and you can play the ball with your wheels
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Ahhhhh.

It's a very skilful thing, this polo. I couldn't do it.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I assume we're talking covers rather than real discs? Mallet in a Mavic Comete = bad, bad, bad
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I watched it at Blenheim in 2008, it was strangely compelling. I dont have the balance and handling skills either. There is always cycle speedway of course!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Aren't all disc and aerospoke wheels designed for tubs?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hit the god damn button, I've hit the wiggle button twice now purely in anger because I left my wallet at home - can't remember my card details - to hit the button on the Garmin I've wanted since Christmas!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I managed not to succumb and didn't buy them. I will buy bikie things though as I got paid today, just need to look for something I want/need :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • You should have got them, they would have looked amazing. Now you'll never see them for sale again and you'll always regret it.

Interesting to read about bike polo, I had no idea it existed. I would look with pity and disgust at anyone using a full carbon disc to bike around town.