Eastern Europe in late April / May (Danube Cycle Path)

CazMac
CazMac Posts: 15
edited February 2010 in Tour & expedition
hello.

I am looking at doing a 5 ish week tour leaving the UK late April and cycling through till the end of May... am really keen to be in Eastern Europe as I;ve not travelled there, and am looking for some ideas from those of you who know these places!

Really interested in new scenery, food, cultures etc... happy with hills or flat riding. keen to camp most / all of the way, wild or camp grounds. I'd like to be somewhere warmer rahter than cooler...

I've just seen the possibilities of the Danube cycle path from the Black Forest to the Black Sea... this could be one option although I think Germany and Austria will still be pretty chilly at that time of year. Is it possible to ride in the other direction from West to East?

I'd love to hear any recommendations you might have to help guide some decision making and can happily add more info if it will help!

thanks loads in advance

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    5 weeks maybe over ambitious for the Danube Maybe best to do part of it..Think its 1200km from the start in Germany to Budepest. before you even begin to tackle the rest..Passau to Vienna is the most popular cycling holiday section ...If looking for weather South of France must be tops...Cannes film Festival is in May ,maybe also the Monaco Grand Prix if you fancy a break from pedalling..
    jc