formula k18 oro

challymoose
challymoose Posts: 36
edited February 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
H :? ello i need to shorten the lines as fitted brakes to new bike is it possible to use the old fittings or are new ones required.thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    new parts needed.

as mentioned in the manual you will also need a bleed kit and watch out for the O ring in the caliper end.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • everywhere sold out any recommendations
  • nicklouse
    of what.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • got bleed kit,tube joint kit :o
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I was looking at these myself, is it not the case that only the olive and insert are really disposable items? Assuming you don't remove the banjo at least. Course it may not be possible to buy those seperately.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • On normal hydraulic systems usually only the olive needs to be replaced.any ideas where to source atube jointing kit.thanks
  • nicklouse
    a what?
  • If you bought the brake retail it should have come with the kit in the box. Probably not if already fitted to a bike or oem.

The kit contains the olive, an insert (although you may be able to reuse this) and a new bushing. Dont know where to get one but maybe try the wanted ads in case someone has one left over from a new brake.