Rider questioned over blood values

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Passporty related dodginess

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... NxiQFukhnw

How long til the names leak?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Pat gave the interview in London, did he? Anyone else we know been in London recently?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    “We see no other reason other than a possible potential doping reason,”

Oxymoron alert.
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    Pat gave the interview in London, did he? Anyone else we know been in London recently?

I know I know.

Was it me?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    DaveyL wrote:

Lots of other IOC officials?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DaveyL
    http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/9566477195

good morning from London! stopped off to see some friends. Off to warmer climates today. 11:31 PM Feb 23rd via web
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    Whoa. Excellent work Davey!

Finally someone has located that smoking gun. Hopefully this will encourage Landis to be more opens about the motorcycles he saw....
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    DaveyL wrote:

good morning from London! stopped off to see some friends. Off to warmer climates today. 11:31 PM Feb 23rd via web

If it was him, Pat would be hiding in the toilet with his hands over his ears, not giving interviews.

Strava is not Zen.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    McQuaid gave the interview in London. Doesn't really suggest the riders were questioned there, does it? It's not like McQuaid is likely to have done the questioning himself...
  • afx237vi
    Maybe it was Pat's cat that he ran over and now Pat wants REVENGE.
  • DaveyL
    I know, I'm just stirring :-)
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Big Pat was speaking at the "Tackling Doping in Sport" confeence in London yesterday.

http://www.sportbusiness.com/marketplac ... 010-170914
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • I was thinking that its about time for a few more small fry to get chopped up to feed Pat's PR passport propaganda.
    Show the French how its done and all that. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DaveyL
    [stamps feet] They haven't caught the riders I think are doping. Not fair! [/stamps feet]
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • RichN95.
    DaveyL wrote:
    [stamps feet] They haven't caught the riders I think are doping. Not fair! [/stamps feet]

But they only ever catch small fry, like Vuelta and Giro winners and classics winners, never any of the big boys like Tour de France winners (apart from the one they did).
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    FJS wrote:
    McQuaid gave the interview in London. Doesn't really suggest the riders were questioned there, does it? It's not like McQuaid is likely to have done the questioning himself...

I'm with you. He was in London at a conference. He made a comment. Could have been about anyone, anywhere. Besides the names WILL leak out sooner or later. Which really seems sort of sad in a way. That this kind of thing(leaks) can't be better controlled. Doesn't inspire, in me anyway, a lot of faith in the testers.
  • afx237vi
    dennisn wrote:
    FJS wrote:

I'm with you. He was in London at a conference. He made a comment. Could have been about anyone, anywhere. Besides the names WILL leak out sooner or later. Which really seems sort of sad in a way. That this kind of thing(leaks) can't be better controlled. Doesn't inspire, in me anyway, a lot of faith in the testers.

Somewhere in Norway a certain young cyclist is nodding in agreement.
  • RichN95.
    afx237vi wrote:

Shouldn't he be in Belgium? If not my PTP is off to a bad start.
  • afx237vi
    RichN95 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Shouldn't he be in Belgium? If not my PTP is off to a bad start.

He is, but Dave Brailsford tells him he's in Norway to make him feel more relaxed. EBH really can't tell the difference, so it's just another marginal gain to tick off the list.
  • DaveyL wrote:

It' more likely LA gave Pat the list of names to be sacrificed.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    ready to be told to keep up here, but why would ebh be concerned?
  • iainf72
    camerone wrote:

Leaks = making a wee.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:
    camerone wrote:

Leaks = making a wee.

Is that what you call high brow toilet humour?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • fiftyacorns
    fiftyacorns Posts: 66
    edited February 2010
    Hi

I thought Lance made an interesting point on twitter yesterday on the lack of coverage in the british press of the GB rugby player who became the first person in sport to fail the test for HGH - nothing like double standards in sport
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    clunk. noise of brain jump starting...........
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Hi

I thought Lance made an interesting point on twitter yesterday on the lack of coverage in the british press of the GB rugby player who became the first person in sport to fail the test for HGH - nothing like double standards in sport

I think he will be the first of many, many, people to get caught on that one.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:
    Hi

I think he will be the first of many, many, people to get caught on that one.

Me too. Will there be any professional rugby players left by this time next year? :wink:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Pat is an articulate guy -- "possible potential doping reason."

What is possible potential?

Possible potential to win the tour.

Possible potential to do the nasty with Uma Thurman.

Possible potential to take a little EPO.

How did this guy get the job? How does he keep the job?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Hi

There was stacks of coverage. Maybe LA reads the wrong papers?
  • andyp wrote:
    Hi

There was stacks of coverage. Maybe LA reads the wrong papers?

Would have to agree, I don't follow RL in the slightest but have seen plenty about this Terry Newton guy. Seen more about him than I do about the Tour in July actually!
  • There was an article in the weekend papers remarking on how large rugby players are these days. No hint of irony, or else I missed it, and a simple exposition of the changes in the past ten years since the game went professional. Was it Darwinian development or Intelligent Design?

It is possible to feel some sympathy for the UCI and the current approach to drugs in cycling when other sports are so relaxed but seem to get away with no public outcry.
    The older I get the faster I was