Racey Ladies?

alphaanne
alphaanne Posts: 48
edited March 2010 in Amateur race
Hiya,

I'm looking for a wee bit of advice from any of the girls out there who have raced.

I'm thinking of starting to race this season but am not sure how far off the mark I am at the moment.

Is there a basic distance and time that I could aim to be achieveing....say a time over a 30 mile course for a total newbie to racing?

Cheers
Live Each Day

Comments

• Are you interested in time trialling or road racing. Either way you would be best joining a club or at least asking them for advice.
  • Can help with race stat, winner of spring time pursuit no 1 ladies race

1 Alli Holland Shred Racing 38 kms in 1hr 13 mins 37 secs

Hope that gives an indication. Wasn't flat as a pancake either.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • Lady Venom
    Lady Venom Posts: 213
    I'm just starting out as well - no idea where to start or what sort of times I need to be doing, a bit of googling helped out. Which club are you with?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Don't worry about times - just get out there and do it, it's the only way to learn. You can be the quickest rider around in a road race and not necessarily win. Just get some experience of riding in a group first (if you haven't already). If you're looking at time trialling - again, just do it but you'll need to be in an accredited club I think. The beauty of a TT is that you always have the goal of your own PB to beat :D
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Go do the Lake of Mentieth APR Feminine if you haven't entered already. There's apparently quite a few people ladies in the same shoes as you who are doing it.

..including my girlfriend. She's the one on the Pink Pinarello when you pass her :0)

Hurry though, there's only one space left (although you should get a start from the reserves)

http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?festivalID=134
    Scottish and British...and a bit French