What did I forget......

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
on my commute this morning? (I think we've had a thread like this already but I can't be arsed to look for it :lol: )

I didn't realise until I actually got to the carpark after over 9 hilly miles of riding.
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    D-lock?
    Clothes?
    Key for d-lock?
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Your bike.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    You had a day off?

Or pants.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Your previous life as a government assasin?

Do all those vodka martinis ever silence the screams, James - I mean, Rolf F?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • my shoes yesterday....spent the day in a suit with MT90's.... :lol:
  • iain_j
    snakebite wrote:
    my shoes yesterday....spent the day in a suit with MT90's.... :lol:

At least they're walkable!
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Rolf F wrote:
    on my commute this morning? (I think we've had a thread like this already but I can't be arsed to look for it :lol: )

I didn't realise until I actually got to the carpark after over 9 hilly miles of riding.

You'd taken the rear tyre off to fix a puncture last night and meant to replace it this morning?
  • Ohhh, forgotten pants a few times. Commando for the day wasn't doing it for me so now I have a pack of cheapie Asda boxers in my desk, just in case. I bought a box of three and only have one pair left.

Really must get my act together. :roll:
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Ohhh, forgotten pants a few times. Commando for the day wasn't doing it for me so now I have a pack of cheapie Asda boxers in my desk, just in case. I bought a box of three and only have one pair left.
    For comedy effect they would be far better kept on your desk in a prominent position. If/when anyone asks just tell them they are "for a rainy day" :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Cafewanda wrote:
    D-lock?
    Clothes?
    Key for d-lock?

D Lock lives at work and key is on house key bunch so no chance of that. As for clothes – it is a bit chilly to forget them at this time of year. Besides, if I did forget them, I reckon I’d be reminded of that well before getting into work due to the screams from the pedestrians. At least, that’s what happened last time! :lol:
    iain_j wrote:
    Your bike.

I reckon I’d have noticed that about the time I reached Pudsey and realised it had taken me an hour to get less than half way in.
    Canny Jock wrote:
    You had a day off?

Or pants.

Forget a day off?! Don’t be daft

As for pants – don’t bother with those anyway – always good to take the opportunity to get yourself a good airing of a morning!
    DesWeller wrote:
    Your previous life as a government assasin?

Do all those vodka martinis ever silence the screams, James - I mean, Rolf F?

Forget that? How could I? I am still tormented by that spring morning, when my bride Tracy was cruelly shot on our honeymoon by Blofeld. Do you know how much a windscreen for an Aston DBS costs?
    zanes wrote:
    You'd taken the rear tyre off to fix a puncture last night and meant to replace it this morning?

I’d definitely have noticed the lack of a rear wheel before I got to work (I think…….)

Nope, not as interesting as the above. Although a couple of times my subconsious nearly worked it out, I actually managed to get nine miles into work without realising I had left my helmet at home; it was only when I came to take it off, that I noticed it wasn’t on! Before I’ve managed to get a mile or so before realising it wasn’t there but a whole 9 and a half miles is pretty impressive I reckon………Not sure what that means in terms of my absent mindedness or how you stop noticing slightly uncomfortable things after a while.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    My trousers, shoes, socks and a clean shirt.....

....consequenly sitting in the office in sealskinz socks (no shoes), a 3/4 bib and a 3 day old shirt!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I only wear a helmet through the winter, because it has a light fixed to it. Now that the days are stretching out I've abandoned the hat; it's made the ride so much more comfortable. And natural.

Yes I know. Don't bother yourselves though... :)
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    even in this cold you didn't notice the lack of helmet?!

last summer i forgot to take my helmet with the rest of my bike stuff to a friend's house for the weekend, it was actually quite nice not to wear one for two days, though I didn't go quite as hard on the descents (by force of habit really, i've worn a helmet pretty much all the time since 1995). Needless to say I only mentioned to my girlfriend (who, as a non-cyclist, tends to overly worry about cyclist safety) after the weekend that she'd failed to notice my going off lidless on two consecutive days :lol:
  • iain_j
    Forgetting your helmet saved your life. You might have got a rotational brain injury if you'd had it :lol: