This vehicle is turning left...

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
I saw/heard a construction lorry this morning which had a loud speaker - 'Beeep beeep, this vehicle is turning left, beep beep' etc ad infinitum.

How irritating that must be for the driver but I suppose its good if it saves a life.

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Sewinman wrote:
    I saw/heard a construction lorry this morning which had a loud speaker - 'Beeep beeep, this vehicle is turning left, beep beep' etc ad infinitum.

How irritating that must be for the driver but I suppose its good if it saves a life.

Would drive me mad if I lived near a junction that attracted turning HGVs. The driver would still have to look and not just assume everything in his blind spot will be able to get out the way and turn in on them :shock: !!!
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Chances are it's not that audible in the cab. Hope not anyway or it'd probably discourage the driver from indicating in the first place.

Unfortunately, I'd wager there are still plenty of stupid nodder cyclists too thick to notice the extra warning.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Sewinman wrote:
    I saw/heard a construction lorry this morning which had a loud speaker - 'Beeep beeep, this vehicle is turning left, beep beep' etc ad infinitum. How irritating that must be for the driver but I suppose its good if it saves a life.
    great... An HGV That tells you it's going to kill you... ...And the driver can be sure that it wasn't his fault, 'cos the truck told the bike to get out of the way... Cheers, W.
  • Sewinman wrote:

Almost as effective as an array of bright flashing lights.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Sewinman wrote:

Almost as effective as an array of bright flashing lights.

Orange ones?!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."