Pumps

ianeverton
ianeverton Posts: 231
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
Do most of you guys strap or bolt your pumps to the frame when off out for a ride, so far I have strapped to my body but finding it a little in the way. My pump does have a system to bolt it to the frmae via the bottle cages but thought it might get in my way so have not tried that yet.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,733
    The system that attached to the frame via the bottle cage works fine.

Not a problem.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pumps not allowed on frames. back pocket or in a spare bottle, out of sight. Clean, elegant racing lines need to be kept clean and not cluttered like a tinkers Knapseck. See the Euro-cyclist rule sheet for further info. :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dmclite wrote:
    Pumps not allowed on frames. back pocket or in a spare bottle, out of sight. Clean, elegant racing lines need to be kept clean and not cluttered like a tinkers Knapseck. See the Euro-cyclist rule sheet for further info. :wink:

Add who's going to believe a double cheeseburger??? :roll: :roll:
  • speshy
    speshy Posts: 42
    i have a chris boardman mini pump, its really small and fits in my saddle bag........
    =================================================
    2009 specialized allez elite
    kona caldera
  • Anonymous
    dennisn wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Not only a double cheeseburger, it also has avacado and salsa on it. :P
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dmclite wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Oh, you mean it's low calorie????
  • i use one of these

16400.jpg
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Anonymous
    dennisn wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Oh, you mean it's low calorie????

No its a Mexican cheeseburger, Batches, Batches ? We don' need no stinkin' batches. :D
  • I strap my pump around my rear sadle bag which is attached under my seat. looks good IMO.

Have to agree that when attached to the frame it distracts from the asthetics! Wot a ponce i am!

Stevie.
  • rick_chasey
    People who worry about bike aesthetics clearly are more interested in drawing attention away from the person on it. 8)
  • People who worry about bike aesthetics clearly are more interested in drawing attention away from the person on it. [/quote

Have to agree. I'm as good looking as George Clooney with acute herpes!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    The pump is the only exception I allow when keeping my bike lines clean.
    Use the bracket that fits to your bottle cage bosses.
    If you find it gets in the way, either your carrying a track pump, or you ride in a very whacky fashion! :shock:
    If it's attached to yuo, or in your rear pocket and you crash.... :roll:
    I compromised and chose a nice minimalist alloy Lezyne Road Drive, which blends in well. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Back pocket every time. :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Lillywhite wrote:
    Back pocket every time. :wink:

The amount of times I've nicked people's pumps out of their back pockets on group rides, without them noticing only to give it back to them at the cake stop.

Just because you can't see the silver shaft sticking out of your back pocket (basically looking like a secret dildo you carry around, just in case) doesn't mean everyone else can't either!

It doesn't remind me of said apparatus when it's attached to the bike. It's because it's obviously an essential part of the bike. In your pocket it looks like an accessory.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Lillywhite wrote:

+1. If it's on your frame, it's just another thing to clean. Besides, what would I put in the pump pocket on my Rapha jersey, I mean come on :roll:
  • The amount of times I've nicked people's pumps out of their back pockets on group rides, without them noticing only to give it back to them at the cake stop.

I don't ride with thieves. :D
  • rick_chasey
    Lillywhite wrote:
    The amount of times I've nicked people's pumps out of their back pockets on group rides, without them noticing only to give it back to them at the cake stop.

I don't ride with thieves. :D

:P
  • Anonymous
    Lillywhite wrote:

Just because you can't see the silver shaft sticking out of your back pocket (basically looking like a secret dildo you carry around, just in case) doesn't mean everyone else can't either!

It doesn't remind me of said apparatus when it's attached to the bike. It's because it's obviously an essential part of the bike. In your pocket it looks like an accessory.

What sort of chopper nicks pumps when out for a club run ? What if the group splits, someone punctures and you have his pump ? Hilarious :roll:

Also if the pump is strapped to your frame, all sorts of road cack can get in it and maybe stop ir working, salt etc, some pumps can be finicky at the best of times.

I think the secret dildo is the one who nicks pumps for a laugh................... :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

What sort of chopper nicks pumps when out for a club run ? What if the group splits, someone punctures and you have his pump ? Hilarious :roll:

Also if the pump is strapped to your frame, all sorts of road cack can get in it and maybe stop ir working, salt etc, some pumps can be finicky at the best of times.

I think the secret dildo is the one who nicks pumps for a laugh................... :wink:

*shrugs* they don't mind. It's a good laugh!
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

See, see thats the sort of mentality you get when you put a mini pump on a boss with a water bottle, I will discipline you with my fingerless mitts and a disdainful glance if we ever meet.
    Mind you, I will be a speck in the distance................ :D
  • rick_chasey
    dmclite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

See, see thats the sort of mentality you get when you put a mini pump on a boss with a water bottle, I will discipline you with my fingerless mitts and a disdainful glance if we ever meet.

*looks over shoulder*

Yup.
  • dmclite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

*looks over shoulder*

Yup.

Ha ha :P
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

*looks over shoulder*

Yup.

Yep, you are about to be lapped. :P
  • rick_chasey
    dmclite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Lillywhite wrote:

*looks over shoulder*

Yup.

Yep, you are about to be lapped. :P

How is it 'about to be lappped' when you're a speck in a distance?

Ah nevermind, I think everyone gets the picture. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Woteva.

Bottom line is, if you put a mini pump on a frame of a road bike you are a Grade A Nimrod. :wink:

Follow forum OCP rules and be enlightened. :)