Coming soon... Prolite Galileo!

MRadd
MRadd Posts: 205
edited March 2010 in Your road bikes
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a new bike to replace my ageing Kinesis Racelight RC2...

Gone completely carbon at long last, with a Prolite Galileo Frameset.

Rest of the spec is looking nice. Went with SRAM Rival for the groupset as I just love the feel of it all. Ritchey is supplying the finishing kit... with the wheels being taken care of by Kore Streamlines. Fetching with their Black rim and white spoke design (Im hoping from a distance they look like Lightweights and I can gain mucho kudos!)

Hopefully It'll all arrive in a huge box on friday and I'll give you guys an update of it, with pictures as and when I can.

EXCITED!
: "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :

Comments

• LOL i can tell your excited.I must admit i was contemplating reserving a spot in here for mine.It should arrive tomorrow.I hope i sleep tonight its like christmas eve. :lol:
  • MRadd
    What did you go for Carbon? Hope it's arrived and that it looks all nice and shiny...

Mine is currently in "processing", I can only assume this means they are packing it all neatly and carefully into one HUGE box. Fingers crossed!

Hope it turns up early enough on Friday that I can get it built and test ridden before doing a ride on saturday with the Uni team I train... Just love making those students jealous!

• OH its here 8)
  • MRadd
    Pics: 4391905274_761460988a.jpg

4389915299_195b0c3258.jpg

Frame: Prolite Galileo
    Forks: Dedaccia Black Magic Carbon
    Bars: Ritchey Pro 42mm
    Stem Ritche Comp 100mm
    Headset: Prolite
    Bar Tape: Carbon Look White

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Rival
    Front Caliper: SRAM Rival
    Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Rival
    Rear Caliper: SRAM Rival

Shifters: SRAM Rival
    Cables: SRAM
    Front Mech: SRAM Rival Braze-on
    Rear Mech: SRAM Rival Short

Seat: Selle Italia XR
    Seat Post: Ritchey Comp
    Seat Post Clamp: Frame

Cranks: SRAM Rival 50-34
    Chainring(s): SRAM
    Chain: YBN 10spd
    Cassette: Miche Primato 11-23
    Pedals: Look Keo
    Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP

Front Wheel: KORE Streamline
    Rim: Kore
    Spokes: Kore Aero
    Hub: Kore
    Tube: Continental
    Tire: Maxxis Detonator

Back Wheel: Kore Streamline
    Rim: Kore
    Spokes: Kore Aero
    Hub: Kore
    Tube: Continental
    Tire: Maxxis Detonator

Accessories: Velomann 28 function

Weight: 6.7kg!!! (i couldn't believe it either... 2 scales used to double check and a bag weigher...)

Other info:

• MRadd
    Update!

First ride went exceptionally well!

Was only going to go out for 30miles, but ended up doing 50! While I thought I was cruising, HR at 155bpm.... Cadance 90... I was doing over 25mph! It was soo effortless.

Even managed a TT effort for 4 miles at an average of over 26mph, just on the drops nothing special. Fantastic bike. Gear set also amazing. Wheelset... Awesome!

• Well im glad you like it.The bike looks fantastic.Hope it brings you lots of good rides.Bring on the sunshine. :D
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    What happened to the wheels?

Could you not get hold of the black/white version. I am looking at getting some of these (or some xero xr-1 bladed wheels) How are the wheels generally. Any noticeable flex?

Cheers
  • MRadd
    I actually originally ordered the Black rimmed, white spoked version (as advertised on CRC) but when I looked at the Silver ones, I prefered them! Something about them makes them look that bit unique. They are absolutely faultless. I couldn't make them flex when sprinting the other day or going up any 10% or greater hill round here. They just fly!

My only issue with the build is my velomann computer. It's failed already. Cadance works, HR works, Temp gauge and altitude works... Speed, doesn't.. at all. Sent back to CRC so we'll see what happens there. Does mean I've had to do two training rides over the weekend just going on feel. An alien feeling for me!

The bike really is amazing though. Loving the frame. Loving the build.. even the £16 saddle is performing amazingly! Just need to wait a little while longer for the races to do!