rides near bergamo

scruffyduncan
scruffyduncan Posts: 246
Hi

I am going to be staying in bergamo for 5 days in early June and wanted to do some riding. Can anyone recomend some nice loops out from the city? I'll probably end out doing one long ride up to the lakes and back too, so any advice would be good.

Ta

Duncan

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Head uptowards Lecco, the cross the water to take the lakeside route to Bellagio, from here then climb the Madonna del Ghisallo climb. At the top, see the cycling chapel. Then continue onwards southwards and eventually downhill into Asso and then back to Lecco and then Bergamo. Do it on Saturday or Sunday morning and the roads will be packed with fellow riders.
  • Kléber wrote:
    Head uptowards Lecco, the cross the water to take the lakeside route to Bellagio, from here then climb the Madonna del Ghisallo climb. At the top, see the cycling chapel. Then continue onwards southwards and eventually downhill into Asso and then back to Lecco and then Bergamo. Do it on Saturday or Sunday morning and the roads will be packed with fellow riders.

Lake Como is a possibility of course, following the course of the Tour of Lombardy. I remember also the other lake, Iseo, east of Bergamo, as being stunning. Whatever you do, head north rather than south...
    left the forum March 2023