Tough but colourful tyres

Jamey
Jamey Posts: 2,152
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
There are plenty of choices when it comes to puncture-resistant tyres and there are plenty of choices when it comes to coloured tyres, but it seems that never the twain shall meet.

Does anyone know of any tough tyres that come in a range of colours? I'm specifically after white, dark green or neon yellow.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the Halo Twin Rails? puncture resistant but not as puncture proof like some of the schwalbes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    The 2010 Rubino Pro's come in those colours and seem pretty puncture resistant.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    just a warning, not sure of the grip of the Twin rails on the front wheel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I run schwalbe stelvio's in balck and green. Had them for nearly a year now. Rode in all weathers and still not had a p******e

* touch wood*
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Not quite there, but how about Michelin Krylion Carbons in red or yellow?

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y2050
  • Eau Rouge wrote:

Is the correct answer! :D
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Eau Rouge wrote:

+1

p8657_250.jpg
  • Eau Rouge wrote:

Is the correct answer! :D

& the only answer
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Stelvio Durano Plus is another choice although far more expensive. They roll better than the Rubino Pros though.

Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp is yet another option, again a bit more expensive but still a damn fine tyre.

I will avoid the new Krylions, the latest batches have been a bit iffy.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • I run schwalbe stelvio's in balck and green. Had them for nearly a year now. Rode in all weathers and still not had a p******e

* touch wood*

Stelvios for me too (pink of course) zero p-problems - although has this post just signed my p-fairy warrant?