TickerFactory.com

plowmar
plowmar Posts: 1,032
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
Following a lot of you on the forum I got an account with TF.com following the on line instructions, then cut and pasted the url to my profile under BBCode.

It doesn't show. :oops:

What have I done wrong?

I'm not very computer literate so please help.

Oops it's there :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: why didn't it show before?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When you add a sig to your posts you need to make a post before it will show in you past posts, it won't show in your old posts till you make a new post.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    also delete all the spaces or it looks crap.

your current one

exercise.png

and your now fixed one

exercise.png

spot the difference.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • plowmar
    Thanks.

You don't do housework as well do you? :wink:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I've noticed these things on others posts and decided to give it a go. I recently started keeping a log of my rides as motivation, maybe this'll help as well. I picked 4000 km at random as I don't really have a specific total.

Not too impressive to date, but I up the mileage today! :D

Anyhoo, I'm off now for a leisurely 50km.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    I like using mine to keep tabs on how far I commute to work, also helps towards the training for L2P in July
  • cathald
    cathald Posts: 105
    checking to see if mine is working
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    I just went on to TF to have a wee look and clicked on 'cycle planner'. That will be menstrual cycle then :oops:
  • Crapaud
    Roscobob wrote:
    I just went on to TF to have a wee look and clicked on 'cycle planner'. That will be menstrual cycle then :oops:
    Yeah, I did that too. It's a bloody nuisance!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud
    How the hell do you update these things? Seems to be a bit hit and miss. That's 4 times today that I've tried as well as twice last night and it still won't update.
  • plowmar
    Took a while for me to sort as well.

What I did was click on the exercise ticker on my post and that takes you directly to your record in TF.

You update from there.
  • Crapaud
    Cheers, plowmar, but I'd already worked that bit out. I've updated it a couple of times, but it's always taken a couple of goes.

I just updated again and it's worked. I didn't do anything different. If it's going to be that quirky I think I'll ditch it.