Spray Tanned Specialized

arcing
arcing Posts: 57
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Picked this up a few weeks ago on the C2W. Really happy with it so far, but already have a fair list of things I'd like to change. Next up will be a new saddle and the bars. Longer term I'll look at shaving some weight of the wheels. Finding it very difficult not to splurge on loads of red anodised lovelyness though. :roll:

Pics:
IMG_2051.jpg
IMG_2052.jpg
IMG_2050.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg

Frame: Specialized M4 fully manipulated alloy frame, fully butted, ORE Downtube, asymmetrical seat stays, forged dropouts with replaceable derailleur hanger
Forks: RockShox Recon SLite
Bars: Specialized
Stem: Specialized
Headset: Cane Creek
Grips: Lizard Skin Peatys'

Front Brake Lever assy: Avid Elixir 4
Front Caliper: Avid Elixir 4
Front disc: Avid
Rear Brake Lever assy: Avid Elixir 4
Rear Caliper: Avid Elixir 4
Rear Disc: Avid

Shifters: Shimano SL-M531 Deore
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: Deore
Rear Mech: Deore XT Shadow

Seat: Specialized
Seat Post: Specialized
Seat Post Clamp: Specialized

Rim: DT-Swiss 445D
Spokes: Yes
Hub: Specialized
Tire: 2.35 Maxxis High Roller

Comments

• jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    That really is very very nice, was tempted to get one as my next. Whats the weight on it?
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I take it it's one down from the Stumpy's but...why? Is the M5 a better ride?
    Not a better frame, as I assume it is better/costlier, but a BETTER RIDE???

Looks great in the light battleship grey.
    What is the weight too???
  • arcing
    It's quoted as 11.7kg. Still not too sure about the grey of the forks and I'm not keen on the graphics, but I do like the fact that as soon as you step away from it it looks like a blank frame.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Will it take a 130 fork? 100 not much use in N.Wales, unless you're an 8 st whippet!
    I'd get it just for the frame.

Disagree, grey looks so KOOOOL, in a neutral, ninja sorta way.

Just don't lean it next to a battleship - you'll never find it again.
  • arcing
    So I was getting bored with the bike, and feeling the urge to spend a load of money on a new steed. I throughly enjoying using this bike around the surrey hills, and don't really feel the urge to go FS, so instead I've spend a small amount of money on a spray tan.

Ready for a strip down...

7124891039_e65151b3a9.jpg

I rang around a few local Powdercoaters, and after a recommendation from a Harley enthusiast I settles on Aurora Powdercoating just outside Aldershot. The frame was stripped and dropped off for a coat of RAL2004. Couldn't be happier with the finish, it's got a lovely gloss, and a really smooth finish. All for £60...Bargain in my books.

Add a few other orange touches, and this is what she looks like now, better than the day she came out of the showroom. I'll be looking in the sales for a new set of forks in the next few months, but for now I've got to force myself to go and get it dirty. Bash guard is a little overkill, it's on there to keep the chain on while I decide what I'm going to do.

6978851244_67e6031268.jpg

7124937045_dacf59a219.jpg

6978848246_84fe30a644.jpg

7124932337_ecc0407470.jpg

7124933955_6cf985c072.jpg
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    I was going to say "splurge away on the red bling" but, given the new colour, I think blue would look particularly good. Especially If said blue bling came from the Hope factory. :)
  • arcing
    Sticking with the red and saving the money to spend on something 'functional' not just colourful. :)
  • buzz1
    buzz1 Posts: 374
    Bling makes it go faster, everyone knows that :D
    looks much better now, are you leaving it decal-less ?
    coz these are good if not, i've used them before they will even make custom ones :Dhttp://www.dnfive.co.uk/Bike-Decals/Specialized/C2-9-1-0.htm#listing
  • arcing
    I was thinking of staying decal-less, but may stick something on the headtube. Thanks for the link.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Looks great, and good to know what Auroras paint jobs look like.. I've been so tempted to go there a few times (used to live in A'shot), but never quite got round to it.. that could change now.. :)
  • arcing
    They were great, quick turn around, well priced and great quality. Can't ask much more.
    All heli taped and ready to roll..
  • arcing
    buzz1, got a head tube decal from dnfive and it looks great. Really nice quality decals, thanks for the heads-up.
  • Gaines10
    Gaines10 Posts: 11
    Wow! loving the color. You've done a great job :)
  • EyesintheSky
    EyesintheSky Posts: 183
    Nice colour! I'd be tempted to put gold bling on it though? ;)
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • Gaines10
    Gaines10 Posts: 11
    What frame exactly is this please?
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Wow looks good orange!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Gaines10 wrote:
    What frame exactly is this please?
    2010 rockhopper sl expert
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011