My New 2010 Cube Ltd Race

ZeRo G
ZeRo G Posts: 28
edited February 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys just had to come on here and show my new bike off which came this morning. I will be upgrading over the next few months mainly parts to colour code the bike up.

IMG_0070800x600.jpg
IMG_0080800x600.jpg
IMG_0079600x800.jpg
IMG_0078800x600.jpg
IMG_0071800x600.jpg
IMG_0072800x600.jpg
IMG_0073800x600.jpg
IMG_0074800x600.jpg
IMG_0077800x600.jpg
IMG_0076600x800.jpg

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but i will update with photos and ride reports once iv got out on it enjoy spec below:

LTD RACE
Colour - White Metal Green 114001
Frame - 18" Alu Superlite AMF 7005 Double Butted, RFR-Geometry
Forks - Rock Shox Reba SL 100mm, Motion Control, PopLoc
Headset - FSA No.10 semi-Integrated
Stem - Easton EA30 Oversized
Handlebars - Easton EA30 Lowriser Oversized
Grips - CUBE Double Duometer
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT RD-M772 Shadow
Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT FD-M770, Top Swing, 34.9mm
Shifters - Shimano SLX SL-M660 Rapidfire-Plus, 9-speed
Brakes - Formula RX hydr. Discbrake (180/160mm)
Cranks - Shimano Deore FC-M532 2-Piece 44x32x22, 175mm, Integrated BB
Cassette - Shimano CS-HG50 11-32, 9-speed
Chain - Shimano CN-HG53 108 links
Wheelset - Sunringlé Ryde XMB Wheelset
Front tyre - Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance 2.25
Rear tyre - Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance 2.25
Inner tubes - Impac AV14
Rim tap - Schwalbe 25-559
Pedals - Fasten Alu
Seat - Selle Italia Q-Blk
Seatpost - Easton EA30 31,6mm
Seatclamp - Scape Varioclose 34.9mm

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    That is ridiculously nice!
  • ZeRo G
    The pics don't really do it justice as i took them on my phone. It does look amazin and im sure it will look even better dirty.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    bleedin hell thats a nice looking bike :shock: just goes to show that a bike doesnt have to be that expensive to look good :D
  • ZeRo G
    Well depends what you call expensive :D to me £1039 is quite a lot for a bike but this is going to be my long termer and if any1 knows of any pedals, BB, headset and bars that could improve this and keep in the colour scheme as im struggling to find parts and im new to this upgrading lark. cheers.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Great looking bike, but that saddle's low isn't it? Or do you just prefer a larger frame? :shock:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    yer for some its a huge amount to pay, but in realitvie terms its mid range compared to a 7 grand superbike, still an ace bit of kit and really specced. as fopr upgrades fsa do a white headset, loads of companies do white pedals, superstar seem pretty good, and easton and a few others make nice white bars. not sure about bb's tho :?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    lawman wrote:
    yer for some its a huge amount to pay, but in realitvie terms its mid range compared to a 7 grand superbike,

No matter which way you look at it, a grand is a lot of money!
  • ZeRo G
    Yea the saddle is low at the min as I haven't been on it yet. I will be putting it up as I'm 6ft 4" so il need it higher :lol: [/img]
  • ZeRo G
    Andy wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    yer for some its a huge amount to pay, but in realitvie terms its mid range compared to a 7 grand superbike,

No matter which way you look at it, a grand is a lot of money!

Yea it is a lot and I but this bike will do everything I want and more so didn't see the need to spend more. As my riding skills progress maybe but this will do for a starter . :D
  • Lovely bike, great spec, nice colours too.
    £50 will get you a set of Easton EA70 White Bars from Merlin
    £10 will get you an FSA Maximus White bar from On-one
    £30 will get you an FSA FR270 white seatpost from on-one
    £20 will get you some Shimano M520 SPDs in either black, white or Silver
    £24 will get you a new white Kore stem from Highonbikes.

Of course, none of the above stuff is strictly needed. But you did ask :cry:
  • ZeRo G
    Lovely bike, great spec, nice colours too.
    £50 will get you a set of Easton EA70 White Bars from Merlin
    £10 will get you an FSA Maximus White bar from On-one
    £30 will get you an FSA FR270 white seatpost from on-one
    £20 will get you some Shimano M520 SPDs in either black, white or Silver
    £24 will get you a new white Kore stem from Highonbikes.

Of course, none of the above stuff is strictly needed. But you did ask :cry:

cheers for the tips. I'm tryna find some green pedals and maybe some nipples and some White and green lock on grips if any1 can help.
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    why settle for green nipples

GreenI9.jpg :twisted:
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    gezzza wrote:

Whoever's bike that is, they need to take it out more often as it literally gathering dust!
  • ZeRo G
    gezzza wrote:

YES! Now that is what im talking about. Needs to be a little lighter shade though to match. Maybe White spoke n green nipples n hub with White rims. My birthday in two weeks so we will see what I can get hold of.
  • Is that your drool on the bar and stem?(pic 5) very sassy looking machine.

I have an issue though... £1039 is alot to pay for a bike! then the talk is about upgrading! If its going to be a long termer then chill and take your time to turn it/him/HER into your fantasy ride. BD or no BD
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Lolz, a snip at around £800 for the set.

Superstar do some Lime Green Flat pedals

As for bars and grips, what about these :shock:

You can also get Odi Ruffians in Green.
  • ZeRo G
    fletch8928 wrote:
    Is that your drool on the bar and stem?(pic 5) very sassy looking machine.

I have an issue though... £1039 is alot to pay for a bike! then the talk is about upgrading! If its going to be a long termer then chill and take your time to turn it/him/HER into your fantasy ride. BD or no BD

Ha ha no it wasn't my drool it was raining as I was taking pics. I know what u mean by taking time to build it up but I'm inpatient. £1039 is a lot to pay then upgrade but as it's so close to my birthday n iv got some spare cash from selling my car i'd like to just get it looking nice then in future upgrade big things like wheels n forks etc, to try bring the weight down.
  • That makes sense when you put it that way. I tweeked mine instantly but then I did have some ok bits to slap on it straight away.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • ZeRo G
    Just a quick update, gonna be adding pics of my gfs carrera kraken and the dog trailer we got so my puppy can come on long distance bike ride, go for a walk then enjoy the ride lol
  • Vex
    Vex Posts: 23
    Looks fantastic, looking forward to your report when you take it for a spin. :wink:
    Cube LTD Team: / | \

Giant Defy 3.5