Gotta new bike!!!

junglist_matty
junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Well, I haven't really spent much time on my bike recently, mainly thanks to the weather and in Cambridge when it rains off-road riding is pointless because flat wet clay mud is not fun!

My friend who works for a bike shop got a 60cm cyclo cross bike in (just the size I'm looking for) the shop, I'm paying a bargain price of £280!!! ...Brand spanking new (its black)...

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/wp-conten ... vapour.jpg

Comments

• tasty. and perfect for wet flat clay!!!!
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    £280? That's gotta be a typo.

Really nice bike. I didn't know it was available in Black. I was put off the red since I didn't think that the white bar tape on the red model would stay red for very long.

I'm planning to get a Cyclo Cross bike in time for next winter and I've had my eye on some of the Genesis models. They are exceptional value for money, even at standard RRP.

I can get the Raleigh U6X at trade price. That also looks like good value.
  • AndyOgy wrote:
    £280? That's gotta be a typo.

Really nice bike. I didn't know it was available in Black. I was put off the red since I didn't think that the white bar tape on the red model would stay red for very long.

I'm planning to get a Cyclo Cross bike in time for next winter and I've had my eye on some of the Genesis models. They are exceptional value for money, even at standard RRP.

I can get the Raleigh U6X at trade price. That also looks like good value.

Nope, not a typo, a friend of a friend (who I also know, but not that well - usually go on bike rides with him) works in a bike shop, I've been on the lookout for a cheap bike I can use on the road as we are doing a few road ride events this year (london-brighton, london-cambridge & oxford-cambridge) so needed a bike that would be suitable for that.

Then this came into the shop, he paid £280 for the bike brand new and swapped both the chainset for the ones on his bike and he is happy to give me the genesis for what he paid, so he got a free brand new mech and chainset, I get a brand new bike with a used chainset/rear mech for an absolute bargain price!

...Well chuffed! Mainly because there's about 6 of us looking for the same bike, but this bike came in at size 60cm which is perfect size for me, but too big for some of the other guys looking for bikes!!!! Bit of good luck for me really!!!