New bike christened, with a FALL!

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Yep got caught out this morning on the way into work. Got all the way there, turned into the car park and down I went, with my new steed sliding across the car park. DOH! Still a bit sore, but a least the bike is ok.

Comments

• ouch, did it do much of a job on the paintwork or was it all flesh?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I am sure we are all unanimous in hoping that the damage was only to yourself and not the bike :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    First time out on my current commuting steed, decided to catch front wheel in sheffield's tram tracks- with a tram following behind!!!! My irritation at scuffs on brakes was somewhat tempered by relief at sensible tram driver, who was following at a sufficiently safe distance and speed, and also nice enough to stop and check I was ok.

Glad you both seem ok though.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Tonymufc wrote:
    but a least the bike is ok.

That's the main thing :D

hope the cuts and bruises heal soon!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    PBo wrote:
    First time out on my current commuting steed, decided to catch front wheel in sheffield's tram tracks- with a tram following behind!!!! My irritation at scuffs on brakes was somewhat tempered by relief at sensible tram driver, who was following at a sufficiently safe distance and speed, and also nice enough to stop and check I was ok.

Glad you both seem ok though.

:shock: Sounds like a one-buttock moment!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Bike is absolutely dandy. My pride however is seriously dented. Only had the bloody thing a fortnight. :oops: