Fixing rear lights

Teqqles
Teqqles Posts: 20
edited February 2010 in The workshop
I've now picked up my spanking new Croix de fer but as I have the seat sitting quite low on the stem I barely have room for a saddle bag to be fixed to it let alone a light or two. I have a pair of rear catseye LD600's and am currently struggling to find a way to mount even one of them, any suggestions?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used to put mine high on the seat stays.
  • Yea I'll see if I can get anything else up there, heres a picture of my current predicament...

toppeaktrouble.jpg

Unfortunately it was taken with my iphone, not really renowned for their quality photographs ;)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Minoura Space Grip on the frame. I've got one for my lights as my seatpost is hidden by the saddlebag. Will do a photo when I get home tonight.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • get one with a clip and put in on the loop on the saddlepack, the reflective bit should come out a chunk to allow you to put one on.

If you then use a zip tie, or a bit of flexible glue (silicone sealant or pva) stops it rattling loose and dropping off.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    As redvee says, like this:

P1050485.jpg

P1050486.jpg

P1050489.jpg

I'm not using the space grip any more, if you want to buy it let me know and I'll sort it out for a decent price. If you get one elsewhere, make sure it is the longer version, 120 I think?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Canny Jock wrote:
    As redvee says, like this:
    make sure it is the longer version, 120 I think?

IIRC it was Canny Jock who put the idea into my head for doing the same. The Space Grip only comes in 120mm now. There are other similar devices on the market also. Mine will be retired for the summer soon I think looking at the darkness when I ride to/from work.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I've sent you a PM Canny, it might be getting light but knowing our weather patterns I'm still gearing up for winter :P