Tyres

LittleEuge
LittleEuge Posts: 41
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I am picking up my Norco Faze 3 next week.
The bike comes with Schwalbe Racing Ralph 26 x 2.10 evolution, but on my current bike I have Panaracer FireXC PRO 2.1

My question is what tyres would you use?

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2010
    As I have no idea what trails you ride or the type of riding this is just a general response.

As for the next few months the trails look to be at there worst for many a year then mud tyres are the order of the day or at least a decent knobbly tyre.

The Racing Rallfs are best for some what dryer conditions.

If you go to tyre manufacturers web sites they give pretty good advise what they designed pacific tyres for.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    panaracer's are a good all round tyre. Depends how much you want to spend though. Do you mind spending on a set of mud tyres and then a set of tyre's for when it dries up, if not, stick with the panaracers for the wet conditions and put the racing ralphs on when the ground dries.
  • I already own the Panaracers.
    I ride mostly round Surrey Hills.

Ah ok cool, I have been pretty happy with the Panaracers on my current bike so will just swap them over and keep the Racing Ralphs as a spare set.

Thanks
  • try them both out! schwalbes will be great for dry summer trails as they are really light and fast rolling.