Eye protection advice

meso100
meso100 Posts: 58
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I went on an early morning ride up into the snowy hills and by the end of the downhill section my eyes were tearing a lot and I had got dirt in my eyes.

Ive been looking for some eye protection and have come across the ones below. They look pretty decent for the price, does anyone else have any suggestions?

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Product ... s-blu.aspx

2012 Canyon Torque Alpinist, Fox Factory 36 FIT Talas, FOX 5.0 DHX

Comments

• Do a search on ebay for "Bolle Contour safety glasses."

I've got a couple of pairs. As have a lot of other people on here. They do the trick nicely and are mega cheap (like 1/4 the price of the ones you linked to).
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

They look pretty good and you cant go wrong for £6!

Already ordered myself a pair - thanks mate 8)
    2012 Canyon Torque Alpinist, Fox Factory 36 FIT Talas, FOX 5.0 DHX
  • No worries dude.

Also, if you've not already got a Wiggle account, get someone to refer you, and if you put in an order of £50 you get a £25 set of DHB Triple lens glasses for free (and the person who refers you gets a voucher for 10% of what you spend).
  • You will be more than happy with the bolle, worth a lot more which I think you will find after use.
    So Far!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Another vote for the Bolles, I love my BL10s. The DHB ones are good value for free, that's how I got mine but they were worse in use than the Bolles I reckon. Then I lost them, which is the other advantage cheapies have!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I feel like a tit riding in glasses :(

i know they stop crud getting in my eyes, but because i've got a broken nose, glasses don't sit straight on my face :lol:

Anyways, the bolle glasses are great when I used them :)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I feel like a tit riding in glasses :(

Just keep your eyes closed then, no dirt or bugs can get through, sorted.
  • I've got a pair of those Bolles at my work. Used them for ages now and they're spot on.

I "borrowed" a simple cheap pair of another Bolle type for using on the bike but they're not as good as the Contour ones.

Thinking of ordering a pair of Oakley O Frames. I wear a full face lid so figured the goggles would be a worthwhile investment.

Andy
    Why so serious?