Stile cop info

jaysenbudd
jaysenbudd Posts: 10
edited March 2010 in Routes
Hey Guys I need some advice im planning a weekend at cannock chase and fancy having a go on the downhill course while im there.

So here's what I need to know

What protection? so far I have gloves and fullface helmet

Will my bike manage it? Trek ex9 2009

Recommended tyres?

Are the locals friendly lol?

Any good advice would be really welcome

cheers Jay

Comments

• There are a few things you need to know is Full Face which you've got and most important, gloves and also knee/shin armour. But if this is your first time doing DH wear body armour as well.
    Also take it easy first time down but most important walk the track first that your doing so you dont do any mistakes.
    Trek's are well adapted to do DH depending what Trek it is. And even so take it easy. Regarding tyres, if it's dry try either Minions or High Rollers or other dry specific DH tyres or if it's wet try Wet Screams or Swampthings or use other specific wet DH tyres which you are comfortable with. But I always favour either High Rollers for dry and Swampthings for Wet.
    The locals are friendly a quite helpful if you get stuck on certain things and will help you out on tips etc
    Hope this helps.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    To be honest, it depends on what runs you go down.

A lot of the DH at stile cop is not as bad as some Red/Black runs in Wales.
    Craig Rogers
  • Thanks for the help guys cant wait to go
  • slimboyjim
    slimboyjim Posts: 367
    I found the locals pretty helpful after my faceplant 2 weeks ago so I've nothing but good things to say about Stile Cop! I now own a few extra scars and a brand new full face helmet!

I was sessioning the top half of the red run on a Zesty (314) practicing my drops and jumps - I think there's only one larger drop near the bottom of the red that I'd be worried about. The rest you *should* be fine with - drops are around 2ft high (with a few larger options for the DH bikes) so nothing too scary. Walk it first as suggested...