receipts

julesmay
julesmay Posts: 33
edited February 2010 in MTB general
bought a second hand bike- guy has misplaced receipts :shock:
had it checked over twice- one by a bike shop, other by my mate (copper), serial number came back squeaky clean

my employer runs its own C2W scheme, i can claim money upon production of receipts

any ideas where i can get a receipt from

cheers

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    no you can't.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Even if you had the original receipts, that's not right. The original owner may have paid £1000 for it, but if you buy it off him for £500 and then claim the C2W benefits on the receipt value of £1000, then well, pretty dodgy IMO.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Asking how to break the law on a website - excellent!
    So Far!
  • ilovedirt
    not quite sure why you would want to anyway as all you would get is a 0% loan.... not free money
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • would i still have been breaking the law if the chap had the receipts to give
    maximum i can claim from company is £330 which is taxable anyway

all i am trying to do is recoup some cash from the 1250 i spent on the bike-

the only thing half-way dodgy is whether the company would reimburse on a second hand purchase as opposed to new

call off the dogs!
  • ilovedirt
    you can't claim on a second hand purchase and the brand new purchases can only be from certain retailers.
    As i said, you have to pay the money back anyway so i can't really see the point.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • with my company it is purely reimbursable- it is not a loan, they will reimburse up to a maximum of £330 on sporting equipment- so give or take a few quid would equate to about £250 after tax

apologies for any offence caused
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    So its not a C2W scheme, and you're clearly attempting to break the rules of this scheme, i.e. you need a reciept so you need to claim only on new items.

How on earth do you think you could get a reciept anyway, go on some magic website and print one off? The only place to issue a receipt ever is the place it was bought from....

:roll:
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    julesmay wrote:
    would i still have been breaking the law if the chap had the receipts to give
    maximum i can claim from company is £330 which is taxable anyway

all i am trying to do is recoup some cash from the 1250 i spent on the bike-

the only thing half-way dodgy is whether the company would reimburse on a second hand purchase as opposed to new

call off the dogs!

Have tried asking the person who runs/administers your company scheme? even in a hypothetical manner. As if it is an employee fitness drive all you should need is a reciept from the seller.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I'm a Scouser, i'll sell you one for £150 :)