Im officially a Wiggler

deffler
deffler Posts: 829
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Upon checking my emails on 17/2/10, I receive this email

Dear Mr ****** , I’m delighted to inform you that you are one of Wiggle’s top reviewers. What I mean by that, is you’ve written 49 reviews in total (the top reviewer having written 69), slipping you in joint 8th position.

In an effort to get more customer reviews on site, particularly on new products listed on wiggle.co.uk, I am putting together a short list of our top six reviewers, who would be willing to help review products and write reviews for wiggle.co.uk.

Would you like to join wiggle’s brand new product testing panel? You will be one of only a handful of the public, who will be badged as an “official product tester” and have the opportunity to get free wiggle kit when we need reviews posting. Normally, we’ll allow you to keep the item we send you, but sometimes we’ll ask you to borrow a bike that’s matches your riding style for a short time (1-2 weeks) and write a review for that product.

Just because you’re reviewing our products gratis, doesn’t mean we want you to leave favourable reviews. Well of course we’d like you to, but if you don’t think the product is much cop, leave your review reflecting your true opinion of the product.

So what do you think? Are you interested? I will always contact you before sending an item out to ensure you get the correct size (if applicable) and to make sure you’re still interested (there is no long term commitment, only that you review the last product we sent you).

In the first instance, we would like you to review and keep a pair of dhb Amberley or Rogate gloves. If you are interested, please reply shortly with your glove size and I’ll have a pair sent to you in the next couple of days.
Thank you in advance for your response.

I couldnt believe my eyes, in fact I thought it was a scam. I sent them a short reply saying yeah Im interested, expecting to hear nothing back. Today a pair of DHB Amberley & Rogate gloves have turned up free of charge for me to review.

You guys jealous? Anybody else been approached?
Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS

Comments

• *turns green* :wink:
  • * Logs onto Wiggle and starts reviewing all items purchased *
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    you lucky b*sta*d
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    :(
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • Good going there, congrats, what a result.

Makes me wish I'd reviewed more of my purchases now.
  • deffler
    Yeah I know, I feel very lucky, still cant believe it, Im very excited. The gloves sent to me today are these 2

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mc/cycle/7/dhb/Gloves_-_Winter/

Wiggle have once again surpassed themselves in my eyes, especially as when I opened the package, gloves to the value of £45 and HARIBO.

I hope they do start sending me bikes, lol
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    God dam, I have NEVER reveiwed an item on Wiggle, I wish I did now.....
  • deffler
    Start reviewing your products guys, Wiggle are always offering prizes to reviewers.

They want loadsa reviews so they can get a sense of which products are performing well & which are not.

And as proved with me they want normal people to do this
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • So, silly question, but you DO get to keep them right?

And is this all they'll send you or will they continue sending stuff Ad infinitum?
  • deffler
    Good going there, congrats, what a result.

Makes me wish I'd reviewed more of my purchases now.

Cheers mate
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • deffler
    The gloves I get to keep for free as long as I review them both.

Their email says bikes maybe involved which involves borrowing it for 1-2 weeks.

As long as the effort is put into the reviews they will send gear as & when they need it reviewing is the jist of it, obviousley it aint going to be forever.

Im assuming its their DHB brand stuff & their Focus bikes only but lets see what turns up
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    well done mate

must reviewing stuff
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    Awesome stuff :) I thought this was about Gold & Platinum status :p thankfully was fortunate to be provided with a Platinum account by work.
  • Nice one, mate.

I never seem to get around to reviewing products, but other peoples' reviews are part of what help me decide what is a good purchase.

I'm envious, but then again...you've taken the time and put in the effort, so you deserve it, mate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Do we have to buy stuff to review it :roll:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • deffler
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I did stared reviewing stuff on wiggle in December, after I saw they have a ranking list.
    So I thought 60 or so reviews aren't a large number of reviews for the top reviewer,
    so I bet the first 3 or 5 or even the top 10 reviewers probably get something.

But I gave up, because I don't have like 40 products that have been using it for longer periods. :|

Good for you man.
  • deffler
    Xtreem wrote:
    I did stared reviewing stuff on wiggle in December, after I saw they have a ranking list.
    So I thought 60 or so reviews aren't a large number of reviews for the top reviewer,
    so I bet the first 3 or 5 or even the top 10 reviewers probably get something.

But I gave up, because I don't have like 40 products that have been using it for longer periods. :|

Good for you man.

Cheers man, I can honestly say everything Ive reviewed has been something Ive bought.

The reason I review everything is, cos its cheaper to buy online I always use other peoples reviews & experiences of a product to determine whether Im going to buy or not so hopefully Ive helped other people make a decision

I never thought about any reward or anything
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    As above, I'm envious as hell but it's you who's put the hard work in and has earned it 8)

Cheers,

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    Ive gone through and reviewed products that ive used, only 20! :? :lol: just makes me realise how much stuff you must have brought then.

good on you man I am defiantly jealous.

Do you reckon products such as breaks etc that are stock on my bike I should review? because although I didn't buy them from wiggle nor separately I have had a year using them so have a good idea for a review? if so that might boost me to 30 odd! :P
  • deffler
    jadamson wrote:
    Ive gone through and reviewed products that ive used, only 20! :? :lol: just makes me realise how much stuff you must have brought then.

good on you man I am defiantly jealous.

Do you reckon products such as breaks etc that are stock on my bike I should review? because although I didn't buy them from wiggle nor separately I have had a year using them so have a good idea for a review? if so that might boost me to 30 odd! :P

Cant see why not, you've been using them a while so are in a good position to give a account of their performance

and yeah Ive bought 5hitloads from Wiggle, well over a grand in past 12 month alone, thats mostly on accessories, clothing gloves etc etc. Ive got a shoppin habit :wink:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS