Im officially a Wiggler

deffler
deffler Posts: 829
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Upon checking my emails on 17/2/10, I receive this email

Dear Mr ****** , I’m delighted to inform you that you are one of Wiggle’s top reviewers. What I mean by that, is you’ve written 49 reviews in total (the top reviewer having written 69), slipping you in joint 8th position.

In an effort to get more customer reviews on site, particularly on new products listed on wiggle.co.uk, I am putting together a short list of our top six reviewers, who would be willing to help review products and write reviews for wiggle.co.uk.

Would you like to join wiggle’s brand new product testing panel? You will be one of only a handful of the public, who will be badged as an “official product tester” and have the opportunity to get free wiggle kit when we need reviews posting. Normally, we’ll allow you to keep the item we send you, but sometimes we’ll ask you to borrow a bike that’s matches your riding style for a short time (1-2 weeks) and write a review for that product.

Just because you’re reviewing our products gratis, doesn’t mean we want you to leave favourable reviews. Well of course we’d like you to, but if you don’t think the product is much cop, leave your review reflecting your true opinion of the product.

So what do you think? Are you interested? I will always contact you before sending an item out to ensure you get the correct size (if applicable) and to make sure you’re still interested (there is no long term commitment, only that you review the last product we sent you).

In the first instance, we would like you to review and keep a pair of dhb Amberley or Rogate gloves. If you are interested, please reply shortly with your glove size and I’ll have a pair sent to you in the next couple of days.
Thank you in advance for your response.

I couldnt believe my eyes, in fact I thought it was a scam. I sent them a short reply saying yeah Im interested, expecting to hear nothing back. Today a pair of DHB Amberley & Rogate gloves have turned up free of charge for me to review.

You guys jealous? Anybody else been approached?
Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS

Comments

• AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    That's incredible. I have a feeling that the number of reviews on Wiggle is about to go through the roof.

I suggest that you include in your review, a comment about what it'd be like to operate Di2 shifters whilst wearing these gloves.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Barsteward.............. :shock:
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    fossyant wrote:
    Spoken for everyone there
  • deffler
    AndyOgy wrote:
    That's incredible. I have a feeling that the number of reviews on Wiggle is about to go through the roof.

I suggest that you include in your review, a comment about what it'd be like to operate Di2 shifters whilst wearing these gloves.

Yeah I think the reviews will too but thats what Wiggle want from this & I think its a blinkin good idea :wink:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • deffler
    fossyant wrote:

whats topped the whole thing off is when I opened the package I removed 2 pairs of gloves and there at the bottom of the package was...............................HARIBO
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    That is very cool, deffler. Congratulations!

I think I've only ever written 2 reviews on Wiggle.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    I always find Wiggle reviews are too positive. Bit of constructive criticism would be useful here and there.
    Shazam !!
  • deffler
    Agent57 wrote:
    That is very cool, deffler. Congratulations!

I think I've only ever written 2 reviews on Wiggle.

cheers
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • DomPro wrote:
    I always find Wiggle reviews are too positive. Bit of constructive criticism would be useful here and there.

All reviews on Wiggle.co.uk are genuine and we strive to encourage customers to leave as honest reviews as possible Indeed, there are many reviews on-site that are less than favourable.
    We also regularly run competitions to award prizes to the best quality reviewers in an attempt to "up" the quality of reviews left on site as it often takes a range of reviews to aid a customer to an informed purchase as you suggest DomPro.
    Until the 15th March, Niterider are giving away 7 gifts worth a total of £700 for the best reviews left online. If you have experience with any products listed on wiggle.co.uk, log on and leave a review for your chance of winning.
    Wiggle have created this account to address issues raised here whilst using www.wiggle.co.uk For normal enquiries please contact sales@wiggle.co.uk Sorry we cannot respond to unrelated private messages.
    The Wiggle Team
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Oh man, I'm off to write me some reviews - looking at the purchase history this could take me some time!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Nice work deffler - good to see someone rewarded without expecting payback!

I used to write reviews for Ciao.co.uk, and won some aftershave for submitting a review they decided was excellent! I think it's a pretty good use of the interactivity of the web, personally - though this might change with all you freeloaders coming on board :)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Oh man, I'm off to write me some reviews - looking at the purchase history this could take me some time!

You'll have to try a bit harder than "omg <3<3<3 Castelli" three dozen times over...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:

You'll have to try a bit harder than "omg <3<3<3 Castelli" three dozen times over...

Shouldn't be too hard given that I didn't understand any of what you just typed.

I saw a car ad in Wandsworth at the weekend that said "comes with OMG and LOL as standard." Made me want to puke.

:shock:
  • deffler

get them in there, you never know....................... :wink:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • harpo
    harpo Posts: 173
    I too am one of the lucky few chosen by wiggle. They called me up, not just an e-mail so I think they like me more! :wink:

And I've also been luck enough to win one of their competitions in the past through writing reviews so can vouch for this as I received a brand new Sunto Heartrate watch!

And I keep getting free sweets in my delivery too!

I bet you all really hate me now?

On the front of positive reviews, I have to say that I never just write what Wiggle or anyone other that potential buyers might want to read. Brutal honesty and detailed reviews are what I leave. If it is a simple product, keep it simple i.e. you can't wax too lyrical about a brake cable but a £100 jacket really deserves some effort. These are the type of reviews I look out for and use to guide me if you feel they are too positive seek out the detail or use the "ask a question" facility.
  • The best review I have spotted on Wiggle was for the http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_P ... 360035434/ and the review by 'Arnie'

It made me :lol: