Order came through in wrong size (not ordered) should i pay?

fastandfuriousxc
fastandfuriousxc Posts: 183
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

Recently ordered a pair of altura altitude shorts from bikesyoulike and although they are labeled as a small size (ordered), the decal in the shorts says that it is a medium, they also feel much bigger than my other small altura shorts, so positive they are a medium size

I phoned up and they said that if i send them back they will send through a small pair.
But i have to pay postage fees to send them back, only a couple of quid i know (more principal than cost), but also have to go out of my pay to the post office during lunch hour.

Should i have to pay the postage or should costs be payed/given from other side, as their mistake. Or at the very least a couple of bags of haribo :lol:

Any responses appreciated

p.s. on the whole i do not have any issue with bikes you like as they have very quick postage and great prices, just this one small matter

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    They should pay for the postage as it's their error. As long as they understand that you're not saying "I ordered a medium, but they're too big, can I swap for a small".
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Cheers for quick reply, I ordered a small (which would fit), they came through medium, simples :wink:
  • I agree with bails87. You ordered a small, they sent you a medium. NOT your fault so why should you have to pay for it?

It might just be that they have mis-understood though. I'd send them back a quick email explaining that you dont feel it's fair having to pay postage because of a mistake they made.
  • Will do CWNT, cheers
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i'm sure this is your rights under the sale of goods act, it comes under distance selling ie mail order/internet sales..

i would of thought you pay to send them the goods back and they should refund you the cost of p&p as it's their error not yours...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You do not have to pay to return them. They have a duty to arrange for them to be picked up from you.
  • supersonic wrote:
    You do not have to pay to return them. They have a duty to arrange for them to be picked up from you.

Yes, but for goodwill reasons (it was probably an honest mistake), pay and then ask for a refund on the postage. If they refuse, use MCOL to sue them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    what does the paperwork say?
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    I would ask them to send out the medium pair immediately with a prepayed envelope in.
    Everyone makes mistakes (ask my clients), but it is important to make up for them and keep the clients happy.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    Have you asked bikesyoulike about the return postage costs or are you just assuming they're out to stitch you up ?

It is entirely possible that they will look at the postage cost once the parcel arrives and credit/refund you.
  • When i phoned they just said that i would pay the postage, no talk of a refund. Have sent a nice email explaining situation asking if they are happy to refund if i post.

Cheers for the replies guys.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They have to be happy, they have no choice!
  • When i phoned they just said that i would pay the postage, no talk of a refund. Have sent a nice email explaining situation asking if they are happy to refund if i post.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Say that you will post back them, but because it is their fault that thay sent the wrong size i.e. dickheads, they should pay postage because of before mentioned head growth and it is their fault.

So there.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    As super says. Happy has nowt to do with it. The law is on your side - "Sale of goods act".

The item they sent you would qualify as not being "as described" and therefore you are entitled to demand they collect the item from you or they reimburse the postage costs.
    I phoned up and they said that if i send them back they will send through a small pair. But i have to pay postage fees to send them back.
    The person who told you that is a liar, or badly informed, or maybe just stupid. 8)
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.