Tunnel Hill advice?

Beardface
Beardface Posts: 5,495
edited March 2010 in Routes
Hi,

After some help please! I live in the wonderful place of Aldershot... :roll: :lol: , and usually drag the bike over the Surrey Hills at the weekends with my mates. However, they've all decided that getting fat, fishing or being ill is more important.. :lol:

I've never been to Tunnel Hill, even though it looks like its literally just down the road, as sadly, I have no idea where I'm looking for. Is it part of Ash/Military Ranges?

I know its close to Keogh Barracks, and I know where the assault course is there.. is the entrance to Tunnel Hill anywhere near that?

Also, are the trails over there easy enough to find, are they marked? Or is it a case of riding around and finding out?

Sorry for all the questions, but I keep thinking that if a decent place to ride is so close by, I really should check it out!!

Quick answers would be appreciated, as I wouldn't mind exploring over the weekend at some point, but any answers are all good! Thanks in advance!!! :lol:

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    I recommed you hook-up with the Tunnel Hill Trolls - a friendly bunch and they know the area like the back of their hands!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Sorry for the late response, cheers greg, I've had a look and think I've got my bearings!

Cheers again mate :)
  • We normally pop down to Tunnel Hill every other weekend, normally a Sunday morning at 8:30 am.

I would not say that we know it like the back of our hand as some of the trails are difficult to locate even after many visits but we do know allot of the routes and your welcome to join us for an explore...

Next one for us is Sunday the 14th March and there should be 2 or 3 of us there..

We park in on the hardstanding by the side of the road (black bmw with roof mount bike rack)

location details on the below link:
    http://www.traildogsmtb.co.uk/page_1257886462335.html

Ryan
    www.traildogsmtb.co.uk