LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited February 2010 in Pro race
According to Steve De Jonghs Twitter, EBH "is about to win the TT"

No word on GC
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,139
    He's moved up to second on GC apparently. No word on who's won.
  • LangerDan
    Cancellara won the GC
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,139
    He was runner up in the TT, 17 seconds behind EBH.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    This EBH fella is going to win a lot of races.

Strava is not Zen.
  • LangerDan
    Meh, he only won cos Chinny was made stop for 2 minutes while EBH had a tinkle and blew his nose
  • Well Done EBH!! Phenomenal performance :D
  • EBH is so amazing. Another notch to go on my signature. I need to update my thread "In Praise of EBH"

Beating Tony Montana in a TT...unreal.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • To be honest, the Swiss Locomotive didn't have his TT bike which is one of the best in the business and he never goes great early season. EBH has apparently trained a large amount over winter...he trains in any weather.

And before anyone wants to say some silly stuff about EBH being suspiscious, realise that not only is he incredible, he has always performed excellently in TTs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    EBH is so amazing. Another notch to go on my signature. I need to update my thread "In Praise of EBH"

Beating Tony Montana in a TT...unreal.

Call yourself an EBH fanboy when you haven't even updated his wins on your sig line.

Lightweight :wink:

However, lets wait until he beats Fab in a proper TT before getting too excited, eh?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Haha. I was in the process of doing it!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    You still haven't added Cancellara's GC win. though
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Plus you should consider giving Pozzato an honourary (1) for his new tattoo, which is a whole heap of win in itself.
  • LangerDan
    afx237vi wrote:
    Plus you should consider giving Pozzato an honourary (1) for his new tattoo, which is a whole heap of win in itself.

Pippo won't be awarded any wins in 2010 - not unless races employ God as the finish line judge, apparently.
  • calvjones
    Haha. I was in the process of doing it!

Just out of interest, why is Pozzato in your sig line at all? Most of the other riders I can kinda see the point of, but let's face it, Pippo is a bit of a wheelsucking, self-loving, all mouth-few-race-wins dick isn't he?

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm confused. Wasn't this an interesting race in the desert yesterday?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Also FC is coming back from Flu and using qatar and oman to try and recover properly. Team time trial in Qatar didn't he drop out before the end of the stage?

Not taking anything away from EBH, I am a fan, just as many say it is an nice early season warm up and congrats for the win. Just hope there are no silly comparisons or judgements attempted.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    You still haven't added Cancellara's GC win. though

Thanks, Doing that now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I'm confused. Wasn't this an interesting race in the desert yesterday?

This race still sucks. Less than Qatar but still.

It just so happens that EBH is one of my top favourites and him beating Cancellara in a TT is worth noting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I watched it on Sky+ the other day when Team Sky got all narky.

Who was that commentator ?

Dreadful, dull man.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • calvjones wrote:
    Haha. I was in the process of doing it!

Just out of interest, why is Pozzato in your sig line at all? Most of the other riders I can kinda see the point of, but let's face it, Pippo is a bit of a wheelsucking, self-loving, all mouth-few-race-wins dick isn't he?

Yes this is an interesting one. I will reply why when I have a moment to do so properly.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Galatzo wrote:
    I watched it on Sky+ the other day when Team Sky got all narky.

Who was that commentator ?

Dreadful, dull man.

Matt Rendell, and according to his Twitter he reads cycling forums :wink:
  • afx237vi
    Full results:

http://www.letour.fr/2010/TOO/LIVE/fr/6 ... index.html

Aussie TT champion Meyer in 3rd, neo-pro Ovechkin in 5th, Boonen nowhere.
  • calvjones
    afx237vi wrote:
    Full results:

http://www.letour.fr/2010/TOO/LIVE/fr/6 ... index.html

Aussie TT champion Meyer in 3rd, neo-pro Ovechkin in 5th, Boonen nowhere.

Looking at the results, I wonder if everyone outside the top 5 stopped for a wee and a thick black coffee.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,840
    Any chance EBH could challenge for the white jersey at the Tour? I know he's OK on smaller climbs but not sure what he will be like in the big mountains though. He looks to be developing into a good all rounder. I know this was just a short TT on standard road bikes but wouldn't have expected him to win.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Matt Rendell ?

He's more of a writer than a commentator I believe ? :wink:
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • calvjones
    Galatzo wrote:
    Matt Rendell ?

He's more of a writer than a commentator I believe ? :wink:

Yes, he has a great voice for print.

Although commentating solo on a cycle race for the organisers with a nation-boosting remit must be a goddawful job. And Qatar is about as far as you can get from his beloved Colombia, so he's probably well sick!

Strava is not Zen.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,172
    Pross wrote:
    Any chance EBH could challenge for the white jersey at the Tour? I know he's OK on smaller climbs but not sure what he will be like in the big mountains though. He looks to be developing into a good all rounder. I know this was just a short TT on standard road bikes but wouldn't have expected him to win.

No chance. Schleck the Younger is still elligable for two more Tours, Gesink for three, Nibali's also elligable this year.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    edited February 2010
    Ian said: "Wasn't there an interesting race in the desert?"

Having a bash at people with "flair" or "style" or who is a little flamboyant is another pass time in this country, please refer to my post in thread on Hammond (not Richard). Oh yeah, besides Cowell, Clarkson is another idiot who teaches people that stereotypes and bitter comments at other nationalities are OK. Most clever people will say "oh but it's funny cuz it's not serious obviously". But it's prime time TV and 11-14 year old kids will see it and want to copy it to be cool. And JC does harp on and on about national differences - the Italians, the French, the Germans. No wonder that people who want to make cool posts on the net will follow suit. It's good work escapism.

In terms of the stage, very little news as of yet. Cancellara seems to have had a zen moment in terms of getting to know the Omanis. My year in Riyadh taught me tons. There was actually quite a road scene there with TTs, RRs and stage races.

Will be interested to see how close to second place BH was in the end.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Isn't it his first broadcast job like this, doing the live TV commentary?

Great win by Edwald "Eddy" Boassen Hagen. Does anyone know his limits? It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Belgium and possibly Paris-Nice. In the longer classics where his age and stamina could be an issue he might find it harder, but he'll probably surprise a few especially since he can deal with bad weather as well.