unidentified Stumpie frame.

stumpie01
stumpie01 Posts: 13
edited February 2010 in MTB general
My frame was bought second hand and I don't know what year it is... it is a specialized stumpjumper made of m4 aluminium with a bend in the down-tube. believed to be a 2006 or a 2005. Anyone who might know?
21022010010.jpg
21022010007.jpg

Comments

• Photo would maybe help?
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • I would put a photo up but it is in the shop at the moment... I will when I get it back.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Probably earlier than that i recon. Cant remember the last time Spesh used the M4 branding.
  • If you go to the Specialized website, they have an archive of old models back to 2002. You might find it in there?
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • thanks guys, i have now narrowed it down to 03 04 05 and 06 as possibilities. I will try to get a photo on but I am not too sure how. it is still a lovely frame for its age though.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Broonster wrote:
    If you go to the Specialized website, they have an archive of old models back to 2002. You might find it in there?

Just do this all the bikes are archived... it will be on there.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i have a 2005 stumpy with m4 alu frame and betd shock link:

pbpic2367215.jpg
  • Thanks for your help, that is a lovely bike, i would have clip-less pedals though. Mine is a hard-tail though. i went on the specialized website and as it is only the frame i have been able t narrow it down to an 03, 04, 05 or an 06. Don't think there is anything more i can do.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well you could post up a picture.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    nicklouse wrote:
    well you could post up a picture.

The obvious evades some people...