Felt or Specialized?

RichBowman
RichBowman Posts: 3
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi all,

Wouldn’t mind a bit of advice if possible...

I’m looking to replace my venerable old Cannondale Badboy with either the Specialized Crosstrail Expert (£750) or a Felt QX90 (also £750 with the suspension fork) – Has anyone any experience of either?

I ride just over 10 miles each way into central London, and like mucking around on towpaths and around Richmond Park etc. at the weekend.

The basic remit is 700cc wheels, disk brakes, bit of suspension for plushness... I was quite tempted by the Cannondale Quick CX, but is a bit beyone my budget (and C2W scheme)... Not too keen on drop bars either!

Cheers,

Rich

Comments

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    RichBowman wrote:
    Hi all,

Wouldn’t mind a bit of advice if possible...

I’m looking to replace my venerable old Cannondale Badboy with either the Specialized Crosstrail Expert (£750) or a Felt QX90 (also £750 with the suspension fork) – Has anyone any experience of either?

I ride just over 10 miles each way into central London, and like mucking around on towpaths and around Richmond Park etc. at the weekend.

The basic remit is 700cc wheels, disk brakes, bit of suspension for plushness... I was quite tempted by the Cannondale Quick CX, but is a bit beyone my budget (and C2W scheme)... Not too keen on drop bars either!

Cheers,

Rich

Wider tyres instead of suspension? Much less weight..
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Possibly - I do like my skinny continentals on the cannondale, though the ride can be a bit jarring even on the road.

Cheers,

Rich