North Road Hardriders TT

captain_oakley
captain_oakley Posts: 222
edited March 2010 in Amateur race
This classic early season event takes place on Sunday 28th February.

HQ is Queenswood School, Brookmans Park, Herts. First rider off at 8am. Best
place to watch is the final climb up Essendon Hill to the finish, if not try Newgate
Street (o/s The Coach & Horses PH) and watch the riders "stamp" up Carbone
Hill.

Full details from: http://www.northroadcc.org.uk/

'The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation
with the average voter' - Winston Churchill

Comments

• nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    8 o'clock start?,thats a bit optomistic.
    Think you might find the ice won't have shifted by then :shock:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Congrats to Matt Bottrill - the only rider to go under the hour in truly foul conditions:

http://www.northroadcc.org.uk/index.php ... &Itemid=76

Pity last year's winner was not allowed to ride.
  • Apparently, the times were much slower this year owing to the snorkel that
    was fitted to the Tri bars!!! :lol::lol:

The wet suit obviously fitted Matt well.

'never knowingly underweight'
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    Well done Matt a great ride in horrible conditions.
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Congrats to Matt Bottrill - the only rider to go under the hour in truly foul conditions:

By whom? :?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Bronzie wrote:

By whom? :?

Club/Team he rides for has not affliated with the CTT I believe, so he can't race in CTT events. Not fair on the rider perhaps, but they have had a few months to affliate.
  • Bronzie
    SBezza wrote:
    Club/Team he rides for has not affliated with the CTT I believe, so he can't race in CTT events. Not fair on the rider perhaps, but they have had a few months to affliate.
    I rode with the rider concerned on Saturday so have it from the horse's mouth as it were - Team Corley's CTT affiliation went missing in the post but they only found out about it after the closing date - CTT unfortunately insisted on sticking to "the rules" (even though they had since paid the necessary fees) and he was therefore unable to ride.

Bearing in mind it's one of the first event's of the season, you'd think they could be a little more flexible. I could understand it if they still hadn't affiliated in August. :roll:
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    The closing date for affiliation was months ago (October 1st) - you would think that someone from the club/team would follow this up if they hadn't heard.

Lost in the post - the best excuse ever. How do the CTT know that that's the case? The rules are quite clear and if the team has any aspirations to run itself on a professional basis they should make sure their admin is up to scratch.
  • Bronzie
    blackhands wrote:
    you would think that someone from the club/team would follow this up if they hadn't heard.
    Heard what? Do CTT routinely send out an affiliation receipt?

The only way they'd know was that the cheque hadn't been cleared on their bank account - ok so maybe they should have picked up on this but it seems harsh to stick to the rules if the team were willing to pay the fees as soon as they found out about it.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I believe they (the CTT) send out an affiliation certificate, and you can check what clubs are affiliated in the handbook, or on the CTT website, so it should easy for the club/team official in charge of this to check everything is in place.

Like I say it is hard on the rider(s) involved, but the rules need to be put into place to stop other clubs/teams trying to do similar things.
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    Bronzie wrote:
    blackhands wrote:
    you would think that someone from the club/team would follow this up if they hadn't heard.
    Heard what? Do CTT routinely send out an affiliation receipt? .

Yes - see above post - I don't comment about matters of which I have no knowledge..