Starting Racing?

2»

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I go raced today at MK. I think 21 riders, all seemingly able to ride fine and keep a line which helped, no mishaps that I saw. Although I guess we weren't riding as close together or as fast as the 2/3/4 race after (were you racing Bronzie? 2 Luton riders came 2nd and 3rd I think).

They didn't let anyone who wanted to race in the 2/3/4 race in the go race as they didn't open up sign on for that race until the Go Race race was underway - bit of a relief!

Pace was ok, nothing shocking average of 21mph for me although there were a few fast laps and a few slower laps, short race only 30 mins + 3 laps. I held onto the group ok, trying to keep near the front most of the time. Although I lack a change of pace to contest the primes, and sprint finish I managed to come in about 7th. Really enjoyed it, thoroughly recommend it Milese
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    hammerite wrote:
    I managed to come in about 7th
    Nice one Paul - good start!

Don't like the Bowl myself as it tends to make me dizzy :wink: - did the 2/3/4 race go out of the gates or was it just inside? Heard that we'd got a couple of placings which is a nice start to the season - I got a kicking off the guy who was 3rd on Thursday night so I know he's going OK. :x

I did the 1st NCRA Spring handicap up at Corby today - not sure if I scraped into top 20, but did way to much on the front (again) :roll:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Bronzie wrote:
    Nice one Paul - good start!

Don't like the Bowl myself as it tends to make me dizzy :wink: - did the 2/3/4 race go out of the gates or was it just inside? Heard that we'd got a couple of placings which is a nice start to the season - I got a kicking off the guy who was 3rd on Thursday night so I know he's going OK. :x

I did the 1st NCRA Spring handicap up at Corby today - not sure if I scraped into top 20, but did way to much on the front (again) :roll:

Thanks, I know what you mean about dizziness, our race was pretty short so not too bad - but the 2/3/4 race went on for some time. They stayed in the bowl and didn't go out the gates. I hope the next one does as there aren't any corners to worry about on just the bowl circuit, I want to see what the acceleration out of the corners does to me!

The NCRA series looks interesting. Unfortunately I'd struggle to make any of the remaining races but worth considering for the summer, especially as they're Tuesday nights as it leaves the weekends clear.