TDF sweep stake

2»

Comments

• Paddy has never made an easier 100 notes.

My choices would be

1.AC
    2.AS
    3. LA,CE,BW
  • I agree with RichN. Third place will be a good result for the World Champion after he has already won the Giro. Christian Vande Velde could be good for third as well as he came tenth? last year when not fully fit.

This is fun; it is snowing and I had to cut and run on my ride this morning :( When is the weather going to improve?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    AC and AS must fight it out baring disaster for either. No one expect a decent show from Basso?
  • 1. AC
    2. AS
    3. Nibali
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    Pokerface wrote:
    prb007 wrote:
    1.LA
    2.AC
    3.BW/AS/CE

my 2 penn'orth
    Actually my 100 quids'worth with PaddyPower on LA at 9/1!!!!!

There goes 100 quid you'll never see again.

mmmm..........okay, shoe on the other foot - go and bet AGAINST LA winning,
    i dare you - I double dare you.
    NO?

thought not.
    Money where your mouth is.
    Talk is cheap, especially on tinterweb.................
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • prb007
    Paddy has never made an easier 100 notes.

My choices would be

1.AC
    2.AS
    3. LA,CE,BW

ditto, you,Prodigy..........go and put your money where your mouth is
    if you're so sure AC will win it - you might get 2/1 if you're lucky.
    We'll talk again in July, when I spend my grand on a week in Majorca!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    Oooh, a challenge.

Here's one for you prb007 - I'll bet you £1,000 that LA won't win the Tour. Deal?
  • andyp wrote:
    Oooh, a challenge.

Here's one for you prb007 - I'll bet you £1,000 that LA won't win the Tour. Deal?

I'll take that action too! Think about it PBR, that's £3k to spend on your week in Majorca!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm in for a grand that the texan won't win it.
  • Were I a betting man - I'm not - I'd put a ton on BW performing a miracle and climbing up to the top step. It would be a decent return for your wager if placed now, and you'd have had a few months worth of very keen anticipation willing your man to do the trick.

Likely he won't, but betting on the outsider is where the excitement lies, isn't it?

Other than that, and being a very dull boy, I'd suppose it's any perm' of those already mentioned.

1: AC 2: AS 3: BW / LA / ..er, CE?
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • prb007 wrote:
    Paddy has never made an easier 100 notes.

My choices would be

1.AC
    2.AS
    3. LA,CE,BW

I would never lay down my money so far out on the TDF. You never know you might get lucky. If Lance 'trains' like he used to he could be in with a shout.
  • prb007
    Talk is cheap, children, I`ve made my bet with a reputable ( if there is such a thng!) Online bookies.
    Now you go and do the same with your grand and we'll talk again on the 4th Sunday in July!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    prb007 wrote:
    Talk is cheap, children, I`ve made my bet with a reputable ( if there is such a thng!) Online bookies.
    Now you go and do the same with your grand and we'll talk again on the 4th Sunday in July!

I don't want to take the bookies' money. I want to take YOURS.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    mercsport wrote:
    Were I a betting man - I'm not - I'd put a ton on BW performing a miracle and climbing up to the top step. It would be a decent return for your wager if placed now, and you'd have had a few months worth of very keen anticipation willing your man to do the trick.

Likely he won't, but betting on the outsider is where the excitement lies, isn't it?

Other than that, and being a very dull boy, I'd suppose it's any perm' of those already mentioned.

1: AC 2: AS 3: BW / LA / ..er, CE?

I actually put a cheeky fiver on BW winning the tour ages ago before he went to sky
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    edited February 2010
    prb007 wrote:

A 2/1 winner gets more of a return than a plucky top 5 finish at 10/1, no? Backing outsiders in the Tour is crazy. Save it for Paris-Roubaix or Flanders (I had Devolder at 66/1 in 2008).
  • afx237vi wrote:
    prb007 wrote:

A 2/1 winner gets more of a return than a plucky top 5 finish at 10/1, no? Backing outsiders in the Tour is crazy. Save it for Paris-Roubaix (I had Devolder at 66/1 in 2008).

True dat, I got Maaskant at 50/1 in PR last year and he'd finished 4th the year before. 33/1 each way too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    A 2/1 winner gets more of a return than a plucky top 5 finish at 10/1, no? Backing outsiders in the Tour is crazy. Save it for Paris-Roubaix or Flanders (I had Devolder at 66/1 in 2008).

Usually, yes. But I made quite a bit of money on Indurain way back in 1991 (he was about 40/1). The bookies were pretty clueless about 'minority' sports back then though. They aren't now though. If anyone was actually offering 2/1 for AC, I'd have quite a big bet. He's actually odds on (about 4/6). Sastre at 45/1 and CVV at 50/1 offer the best value (as each ways) at the monent (IMO).
    Twitter: @RichN95