Help my pal with the logistics of his new commute

barry_kellett99
barry_kellett99 Posts: 480
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
This geezer I know is moving house and will soon be faced with a 15 mile commute to work... and work has no showers... and work is in an area populated by warehouses etc well out of the centre of town.

Does the shower before you leave and then a stand up wash with Baby wipes and copious amounts of talc really work?

What else could he do?

Apart from take the house which is 6 miles closer to work and at the top of a full on freewheel ride to his desk. But that house has no garage :(

Advise him oh great collective commuting general knowledge

Comments

• Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Yes it does work, as does a flannel with shower gel and warm water.

The other logistical issue is clothing.... wearing dedicated cycle clothing in and out with fresh clothing to put on after the wash is a must.

My answer depends upon which site I work on. One has lockers so I take all my clothing in for a week on Monday and then take the worn home each evening. At the other site I just take in what I need for the day.

In both cases I use "crease free" clothing such as shirts from M&S at 3 for £20
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,373
    This geezer I know is moving

Geezer?

Would that be the cockney end of the Comber Greenway
    cunobelin wrote:
    Yes it does work, as does a flannel with shower gel and warm water.

+1 easier if your workplace has disabled toilets so you can lock the cubicle and strip off at the sink
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!