An end to commuting woes

Ectomorph
Ectomorph Posts: 69
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Check this out!

http://kolelinia.com/en/

Surely part of the Daily Hate Mail's campaign to rid the streets of cyclists...

Only a Pawn in their Game...

Comments

• Absolutely superb idea, would love to give it a go in all weathers, esp high winds & rain. Recumbents may have a bit of an issue with it though in its current form.
  • I particularly like the way the wheels run in channels thus destroying any independent ability to balance, you're entirely dependent on that wire thingy stopping you plummeting to the street below.

It's a work of genius I tell you!

Only a Pawn in their Game...
  • I'm a fully paid up member of 'I want to give that a go' :lol:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Similar propositions have been made in the past, including making long bridges that run above and parallel to busy main roads.

IMO this would bring in all sorts of other problems such as modifying thousands of bikes, how would you tackle corners, and as already said what would be the grip in the rain and high winds? What happens when you get stuck behind an inexperienced cyclist who has to stop for a breather or cant go very fast.. then theres fear of heights and freak outs..?
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    But if you're going to be suspending things in the air that can only go along one path, why not just make them zip lines?
  • I am bad with heights. That would be terrifying.

Do not like.

Do not want to try.

:oops: :? :cry:
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    downfader wrote:
    What happens when you get stuck behind an inexperienced cyclist who has to stop for a breather or cant go very fast..

http://kolelinia.com/en/?p=96
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Genius :shock:

I suppose someone is at least looking outside the norms of reality. It reminds me of the Barclay card advert with the water slide home from work although I think that has more chances of happening.
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Do we actually want segregation though? The more I cycle the less and less I like the idea of not being traffic on the roads.
    Seeing the plans for TfL's SuperHighways on the main home page for example just looks like a huge waste of money, and therefore a huge "we paid for this now get off the road and use it" problem.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Agent57 wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    What happens when you get stuck behind an inexperienced cyclist who has to stop for a breather or cant go very fast..

http://kolelinia.com/en/?p=96

Who says the guy in front or behind that we're "helping" isnt going to just sit back and relax instead. I aint a bl**din taxi. :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    breaking down 1/2 way across due to wrong leaves on track or some stuff

do not like
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    So how does it work on drop bars? :roll:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    solsurf wrote:
    Genius :shock:

I suppose someone is at least looking outside the norms of reality. It reminds me of the Barclay card advert with the water slide home from work although I think that has more chances of happening.

I suppose someone is at least looking outside the norms of reality

Indeed

They laughed at Cyrus Teed too...
  • What a great idea, I love it! I NEED a go. NOW!

There would have to be some rules though....

1. Ladies must ride on the higest wire.
    2. Ladies must wear skirts and.....

....I'll get my coat. :wink:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8