Merlin Cycles

2»

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Bought my marzocchi's from them, were very helpful and quick with the emails and the forks were as advertised. Will defo use again! And the price was nuts!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I bought my Reba's from Merlin. They came with a cut down steerer, which was fine as it was indicated on the item online what the size of the steerer tube was and it meant I didn't have to do it. Fitted perfectly and the cost saving was approx £100 over anywhere else online.

I'm also still using the wheels they built for me in 2005 - Mavic 717 rims on Hope XC hubs. Been raced and abused for the past 5 years, never needed truing and only needed new bearings and freehub body last year (although this would hardly be any fault of Merlin's).

Bought various other bits and bobs from them. Never a problem, always good service.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Just to add to my earlier comment on Merlin, recently had a problem with some forks I had bought from them. They couldn't have been more helpful in getting the problem resolved. I know its their responsibiloity as the seller, but it makes such a change to deal with helpful, obliging people who know what they are talking about, are happy to talk on the phone, respond quickly to e-mails etc. :)

I've bought a lot off them in the last few weeks and its been a pleasure - now all I need to do is build the bike! :D
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • tjwood
    tjwood Posts: 328
    Just bought some new handbuilt wheels and various other bits from Merlin. Ordered last Saturday, it said handbuilt wheels could take 5-8 days build time, mine were shipped Wednesday and arrived Thursday! Very impressed (and the build quality on the wheels seems superb, from what I can tell so far...).
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    I agree! Spent a small fortune there the past few weeks and have been very happy with their service. And has been pointed out numerous times - they're on the end of the phone which is always reassuring.

I for one will visit their stie 1st before any others.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I ordered some Avid Elixirs from Merlin a few sundays back but ballsed up and ordered the wrong size 160mm discs :oops:

Rang them as soon as they opened on Monday spoke to a guy who was really helpfull he went in to the dispatch department while I waited on the phone and sorted out the order. The new shiny things arrived Tuesday morning :D

Top shop I just wish they would stop sending me emails full of shiny things Its getting to the point where I think I will have to burn my credit card.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I use Merlin all the time, got my SID WCs off there for £399 which is a hell of a knockdown from RRP of £900!!!! 8)

Turned up 2 days later! :)
  • CowboyBob
    CowboyBob Posts: 977
    I've had some really BAD experiences with Merlin.

The first time I had ordered a large number of Knights to help me topple Arther from Camelot.
    Merlin put a stop to it, lots of thunder and lightning, tons of magic.

The other time was when I was having an affair with Guinevere. Who hasn't? Slut.
    Cowboy by name, Cowboy by nature ...... and sick \'n\' twisted to boot!!!

http://www.wetshovel.vox.com

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1081352/