A pile of ebay parts begins to coalesce into a new bike...

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited February 2010 in Your mountain bikes
P1000533.jpg

P1000534.jpg

Spec is still a wee bit up in the air, I want to replace the forks with newer u-turn maxle 150mm revs, and I think maybe the brakes will go on the Soul instead. Oh and the cranks I have for it are silver, which may not be acceptable. Black, red or white!
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    It's not even fully assembled and you've got punctures already, not a good start :twisted:

Seriously, that's looking ace! Might not be the objective of the build, but some new deore cranks would be just the ticket.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Was thinking about dropping you a pm to see how the new build was doing! Love the frame - some white revs would look great :D . What are the brakes?
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • Northwind
    Yup, Deores might just fit the bill, need to wait for my wallet to recover a bit first mind! I figure either black or white forks will work, the ones I want only seem to come in black so I guess black it is! Brakes are Formula Oro K24, found those on Singletrack. They'd look better on the Soul.

Aargh, I just read that back, I've become a total tart :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    GHill wrote:
    It's not even fully assembled and you've got punctures already, not a good start :twisted:

Nah it's fine. They're only flat at the bottom so once he turns the wheels round he'll be fine.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    are the rev's on there at the mo 140mm (as they are 09 im gonna guess they are?!?!?) and are they maxle?

if you do get new ones let me know how much you want for the old ones...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Northwind
    They are and they are, I'll definately be looking to sell them on though I've not really thought about a price yet, but I'll try and remember and let you know first. Might be a while though :(
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    good stuff.

if your bike looks good and rides well when built up, i might get a hemlock myself, so far tis the only frame which has tempted me to swap the enduro.

so, its all on you now.

ps: did you find ou whether its the newer rear end or the original one?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looks like a Boardman ;-)
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Careful it don't go cracking anywhere :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    God man, how many spades do you own?! Gravedigger?
  • Northwind
    supersonic wrote:
    God man, how many spades do you own?! Gravedigger?

Er, one. Them's forks. Rigid steel forks :wink:
    ps: did you find ou whether its the newer rear end or the original one?

Apparently it's the original one but with the fix so that the stays won't snap, but might be a bit bendy. I'll see how it rides, the new ones retrofit apparently.
    Uncompromising extremist