Tour of Oman Stage 2 - not on Eurosport?

Bhima
Bhima Posts: 2,145
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Checked the schedule this morning and it was listed as 9:30pm tonight.

Just put it on and the Tennis is still being played. No cycling listed at all for today on both ES and ES2.

Tomorrow's schedule shows nothing on Stage 2, just stage 3 at 9:30pm.

What's going on? :x

Comments

• Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    Something I have been curious about as well. I have had a look on the UK Eurosport website, and it still says cycling (Oman) at 10pm. So maybe we might get to see it after the tennis.

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

Eurosport has always been a bit of disaster for scheduling, as when they have the live events, stuff often comes on early, or a lot later. Also, the remote/sky planner on the box is often wrong as well.

Either way, I tried to avoid spoilers of the race in case we do get to see it.

I'm a big fan of tennis, but no one cares about these two players, and I hope it finishes soon. God help us if Clement wins this set.
  • Bhima
    Yeah, I thought it may follow the tennis, but "Eurosport 2 News" and "Champions Club" are listed after it, so I assumed they would have at least kept cycling in the schedule if it were to follow the match. That's what usually happens anyway.

I'll keep an eye on it.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    i know its slightly off topic, but sky are showing the tour of qatar on sky sprots 2 at 1230 am
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    IT IS ON!! Finally
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    That has to be the worst commentary of any sporting event ever. He showed more excitement talking about the cattle market than he did the finish.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Bhima
    He's OK. I was listening to him on the Qatar highlights SKY were showing today (eh?) and he seemed to be explaining how everything worked for the other non-cyclist viewers who had to put up with me watching it. They were actually pretty intrigued by it in the end.

I must say though, the Oman programmes are quite well put-together unlike most cycling coverage.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    Bhima wrote:
    He's OK. I was listening to him on the Qatar highlights SKY were showing today (eh?) and he seemed to be explaining how everything worked for the other non-cyclist viewers who had to put up with me watching it. They were actually pretty intrigued by it in the end.

I must say though, the Oman programmes are quite well put-together unlike most cycling coverage.

matt rendell is doing it on behalf of aso for the race, so its sort of like a video showcasing the country with some cycling thrown in. anyone whos listened to his podcasts (or read his books for that matter) will know he knows his cycling shizzle
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    stefrees wrote:
    matt rendell is doing it on behalf of aso for the race, so its sort of like a video showcasing the country with some cycling thrown in. anyone whos listened to his podcasts (or read his books for that matter) will know he knows his cycling shizzle

I agree with that. I've enjoyed his Tour podcasts with Ned Boulting for the last couple of years. And now they've taken that to their Real Peloton podcasts, and they're great entertainment. Rendell's a smart guy with some great stories (maybe not the best commentator, but it's hard without a second guy).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    That has to be the worst commentary of any sporting event ever. He showed more excitement talking about the cattle market than he did the finish.

+1 I actually turned it off as he was doing my head in. What did he call Adam Dowsett?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Gazzaputt wrote:

+1 I actually turned it off as he was doing my head in. What did he call Adam Dowsett?

Brian Smith (who I think posts on here) tweeted that he had been forced to turn it off as his Mrs thought that Rendells commentary was boring :lol:
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    I couldn't believe it was Matt Rendell. I presumed it was some teniis commentator they'd wheeled out to cover the event.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Gazzaputt wrote:

Uuuumm, how 'bout Alex, since that's his name? :oops:
    http://www.teamskyfans.com/videohighlights2010.html
    Easy to check.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If that's Matt Rendell then that explains it - Significant Other must be the worst book I've read ever - reads like it's written by a Sixth former who thinks they are a literary genius. The Pantani biography is a little better, deadly dull but at least the writing is less flowery and it's only towards the end when he starts indulging in amateur psychoanalysis of the subject that he lapses into 6th former mode.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Uuuumm, how 'bout Alex, since that's his name? :oops:
    http://www.teamskyfans.com/videohighlights2010.html
    Easy to check.

:oops: :lol:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Didnt even think to look for coverage ! I thought ES would be all winter olympics ! d'oh !