Institute of Advanced Motorists' Cycling Poll

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Results look scewed already, but worth scewing them more I guess:

http://www.iam.org.uk/iam_polls/

(is that how you spell scew, it looks wrong)?

Comments

• prj45
    jimmypippa wrote:
    skew

While you're at it did I get the apostophe right in the title?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    lfgss have a thread about it... that might be the answer you're looking for
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • prj45 wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:
    skew

Yes, motorists is plural so the apostrophe comes after the s. Mind you, there's an r missing from ''apostophe'' :lol: Spelling was invented to skrew us up....
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    prj45 wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:
    skew

Yes, motorists is plural so the apostrophe comes after the s. Mind you, there's an r missing from ''apostophe'' :lol: Spelling was invented to skrew us up....

Its' awl gonn a bit rong ass phar ass speeling and grammer is conserned has'nt it?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Standing by door with megaphone ready to beat hectic retreat...

IAM - the Brompton riders of the motoring world!
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • prj45
    Clever Pun wrote:

Ah.

Didn't see that, but then again I don't visit there because I don't want to come out of it f***ing swearing like a fu****g c**t boll*ck w*nk turd sh*t a*se c**k m****r fu***ker.

(as you can see, I fackin visited the forum to check it out CO*K!
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Voted as pro-cycle as is possible. Including 20mph speed limit in city areas.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Voted also. They've been a bit too keen on helmets/flouro reflectives for the wrong reasons in the past though, perhaps. Though the more who encourage cycling as a real and viable alternative to a money gaffawing, space killing car, LOL, the better. :D
  • I voted "Other" for the "What would help cyclists most" question, as I reckon drivers need to understand that it's their responsibility to look out for cyclists, rather than it being a cyclist's responsibility to make themselves more and more visible.
  • prj45 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Ah.

Didn't see that, but then again I don't visit there because I don't want to come out of it f***ing swearing like a fu****g c**t boll*ck w*nk turd sh*t a*se c**k m****r fu***ker.

(as you can see, I fackin visited the forum to check it out CO*K!

Ahhhh..... FGSS the people who brought tourettes into touring....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • voted, and am actually a member of the IAM (and don't have a Brompton)
  • prj45 wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:
    skew

Cue the grammar nazis ;-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    lights 24/7? - what are they sponsored by duracell or something? :shock: :evil:
  • The questions are all a bit skewed; nothing about better traffic policing or making it clear to drivers that it's their responsibility to look for cyclists, as has been pointed out above.

Andy
  • Porgy
    So if IAM members vote that it should be compulsory for cyclists to wear helmets, carry lights 24/7 and ride on seperate cycle lanes..... :?

<shudder>

Meanwhile back in the real world.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I've been an IAM member for 11 years and voted for lycra to be banned.
  • downfader
    Porgy wrote:

I forget where I saw it but someone was campaigning for lights 24/7 on cycles - through the compulsary use of dynamos. Only B&M seem to make a reasonable dynamo light and it aint cheap.
  • Porgy
    downfader wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

I forget where I saw it but someone was campaigning for lights 24/7 on cycles - through the compulsary use of dynamos. Only B&M seem to make a reasonable dynamo light and it aint cheap.

I really don't understand what the point of this would be. We are not Volvo drivers! :x
  • downfader
    Porgy wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

I really don't understand what the point of this would be. We are not Volvo drivers! :x

I know, and imvho I think it teaches people to look for lights rather than vehicles and people. The pedestrian will suffer as a result which is why I think it has never come into law in the UK.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Porgy wrote:

Not just Volvo's and Old SAABs with Daylight Driving lamps now.

FWiW My answer to what else can be done was "Better Driver AND Cyclist education"
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days