rollingthunder Posts: 109
edited February 2010 in Your road bikes
62cm Carbon Composite Ridley Gladius - Centaur - Summer/Dry
63cm Steel Pinarello Sestriere - Veloce & 105 - Winter/Commute/Holidays

both7.jpg
ridleygladius1.jpg
gp1l.jpg

Comments

• Like the skinny tubed 'rello, but am I missing something, why the green strip on the saddle?
  • Green strip on the saddle? :oops:

I found a great deal a little while back, and so decided to overlook the green strip! It's a seriously comfortable saddle though.

I love the 'rello frame. It was made back in 1995 and rides as comfotably as an armchair, and really strengthens you up when climbing.

This Spring I'm selling the Gladius, but the 'rello is staying with me for the term of my natural life! Unless of course I get a Don Corleone (...offer i can't refuse!).
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Only a suggestion, but yellow bar tape might look good on the Pinner. Blue is fine though.
  • Think we need to see a separate photo of the 'rello, much as the Ridley is a nice bike!

Kinda reminds me of the sort of thing Big Mig would ride.

Also I guess you can't see the green strip when your sat on it :D
  • rollingthunder
    rollingthunder Posts: 109
    edited February 2010
    Done.

She's not that well specced, being a mix of Veloce & 105, but it rides like a dream. I haven't made up my mind whether to kit her out with classic campy stuff, or leave her as she is to use in winter/commuting etc.

Yellow bar tape :shock: I was thinking tan bartape and tan saddle with all classic silver Campy components if I do upgrade everything.

But...££££££££££££££££ :cry:

Big Mig eh? I'm about as tall as Big Mig (6ft 4inches), but not quite :oops: as slim as him! Actually nowhere near as slim as him, weighing in at a less than waif like 107kgs (used to be a gym nut but have totally stopped, so the muscle weight is gradually going away!).
  • Thanks for your comments guys.
  • Done.

She's not that well specced, being a mix of Veloce & 105, but it rides like a dream. I haven't made up my mind whether to kit her out with classic campy stuff, or leave her as she is to use in winter/commuting etc.

Yellow bar tape :shock: I was thinking tan bartape and tan saddle with all classic silver Campy components if I do upgrade everything.

But...££££££££££££££££ :cry:

Big Mig eh? I'm about as tall as Big Mig (6ft 4inches), but not quite :oops: as slim as him! Actually nowhere near as slim as him, weighing in at a less than waif like 107kgs (used to be a gym nut but have totally stopped, so the muscle weight is gradually going away!).

Think your a bit taller than Big Mig, I thought he as more my height, 6' 2". One of the reasons I liked him!

Not sure about the yellow bar tape, I'd stick with the blue, seems to match the frame very well. Campy stuff would be good, but I reckon the priority has to be the green strip on the saddle :D
  • You got it in for my little green strip haven't you! :(

I know it's a frame that's too good for the purpose I am putting it to. I'm selling the Gladius soon as I have an insurance payout coming, and can go for something approaching my dream bike (Van Nicholas Astraeus). Actually, it costs a bomb so maybe not!

I'll go for something closer to but under £2K if I am allowed. Quite like the look of the special edition Ridley Orion coming in at less than £2K.

167.jpg
  • You got it in for my little green strip haven't you! :(

3865673630_4389852475_o.jpg

When I first had this bike it had a white arione with a silver stripe, which I then changed after 12 months or so for one with a red stripe! For no other reason than I thought it looked better. So have I got it in for your green stripe, yes. Should you really listen to anything I'm saying, probably not :D
  • That is a beautiful looking machine. Surely you don't thrash that about in winter? :shock:
    Do you have a winter steed?
  • That is a beautiful looking machine. Surely you don't thrash that about in winter? :shock:
    Do you have a winter steed?

Cheers :D

Yes, I do have a winter bike...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12670741
  • That's a great colour!