Coed y Brenin - Beast and MBR still closed?

x-isle
x-isle Posts: 794
edited February 2010 in Routes
Just checked the Forestry website and it states that the Beast and MBR are closed because of felling.

However, this was dated in November and states for 2 months.

Is it just the website is a bit out of date?

Thanks
Craig Rogers

Comments

• stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Still closed when i was there at the weekend ... Dragons back was great though :D
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • x-isle
    Oh poo! :)

Oh well it looks like Dragon's Back and Tarw then.

What is the Dragon's Back like, it's only graded as Red, but notice it does take in the Pink Hefer which is awesome.
    Craig Rogers
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Dragons back was awesome, considering it was my first time mountain biking. I handled it fine!
  • Sorry to further p1ss on your parade, but I was up there last weekend, and Snap, Crackle & Pop were closed for felling operations on Tarw aswell. :cry: Annoyingly, FC neglected to mention this anywhere around the start/car park, so we only found out halfway round the ride!

MBR and Beast are closed for trail repairs after all the flood damage. There was talk that they may be partially re-opened soon though. Give the visitor centre a call and ask.
  • x-isle
    Double poo!!!!!!!!

The Tarw without Snap, Crackle and Pop is almost pointless, apart from the last couple of sections.

Oh well, we are all booked in and going now, so will just have to put up with whatever we can ride.

I've never done the Dragon's Back as it's red, however, I did do the Temptwr trail once and loved the first couple of sections of the Dragon's Back.

Fingers cross a lot will be open.
    Craig Rogers
  • I did Tarw last Sunday and it was all open including Snap, Crackle,Pop as well as Heart of Darkness which leads in to those sections.
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    If you are in the area why not check out the Climach x trail in nearby Machynlleth? Defo worth a visit :D
  • x-isle
    Yeah, it's about time I did Machy, it's on my list........
    Craig Rogers
  • x-isle
    Well after the shed load of snow on Friday night, the entire place was closed, however, didn't stop us doing the Tarw.

Great fun in the 4 inches of snow!!!!
    Craig Rogers
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    i wnet in dec... was amazin, although was gutted toi mis the beast, but DB was AWSOME! as was tarw!
    I like bikes and stuff