Tour Oman Stage 3 ****(Spoiler)****

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,645
    Not very ambitious at Team Sky are they? I mean having to rely on a bunch sprint - why didn't he go from the gun on a solo break? Must be because Team Sky are so tactically inept! :wink:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, it'll give Brailsford some respite but I expect him to be sacked by the end of the month!!!!!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Well he's nowhere near pulling out the time he needs over Pinotti.

Sack Brailsford now!

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Nice to see them win something that wasn't a crit! Good on EBH. Well deserved.
  • Edvald is so brilliant. Showing up some of the top sprinters at their own game.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I am so happy! :D. EBH is riding really well, I am looking forward to what sky and him will do on the lumpy classics.
  • calvjones
    I am so happy! :D. EBH is riding really well, I am looking forward to what sky and him will do on the lumpy classics.

Can't see him winning a lumpy one this year. Maybe GV or, in a perfect world, Flanders...

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    Is Flanders not classed as lumpy then? Glad there's no flat courses like that around here! :lol:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I am so happy! :D. EBH is riding really well, I am looking forward to what sky and him will do on the lumpy classics.

What? Climb into the Sky megabus after 100 km when they realise they're not even halfway there yet? :wink:
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • calvjones
    Pross wrote:
    Is Flanders not classed as lumpy then? Glad there's no flat courses like that around here! :lol:

Anything I can get up without pushing is officially classified 'non-lumpy'!

I guess I would classify the Ardennes Classics as the lumpy ones given the overall level of climbing; is Flanders about 2000m, whereas Liege well over 3000?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    You're a better rider than me if you can do the Muur etc. without pushing!

Don't think I could do either these days to be honest. Flanders has 19 climbs with a length of climbing around 12km going from 4% to 13%, L-B-L has about 24km over 11 climbs from 4.9% to 12% so yes L-B-L is lumpier but Flanders isn't exactly a stage of the Tour of Qatar :wink:
  • Some of his celebrations are a bit babyish though!

AP
    capt.2e05dca3d47140d69d95233dd7eee679.oman_cycling_tour_of_oman_ena103.jpg
    capt.cb9ac6a286fc42ec84584f02fd2a9553.oman_cycling_tour_of_oman_ena101.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    Pross wrote:
    You're a better rider than me if you can do the Muur etc. without pushing!

Don't think I could do either these days to be honest. Flanders has 19 climbs with a length of climbing around 12km going from 4% to 13%, L-B-L has about 24km over 11 climbs from 4.9% to 12% so yes L-B-L is lumpier but Flanders isn't exactly a stage of the Tour of Qatar :wink:

The triple came in handy on the Muur as did the ability to shout 'hup hup' as if I was a Quickstep Domestique leading Tommeke past a knackered breakaway (whereas actually I was just spinning up at a rate of almost zero knots).

I found success in Flanders was 98% about traction, 2% fitness!

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Some of his celebrations are a bit babyish though!
    Something tells me he'll have plenty of chances to practice the arm movements this season.
  • JC appears to have cancelled Eurosport's Tour of Oman highlights. Can't see anything in the schedule.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JC appears to have cancelled Eurosport's Tour of Oman highlights. Can't see anything in the schedule.

You... you what?!?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,125
    Video of the sprint is here;

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/sykkel/boasson ... 37616.html

The way he closes the gap to Farrar is amazing. Pure power.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    andyp wrote:

thats a phenonemal sprint, cavesque. each day hes seemed to be getting quicker.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    andyp wrote:

Another clip on there from stage 2 is brilliant. Westra from Vacansoleil can't count the laps and launches his dash for the line a lap too early. Comedy gold.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/sykkel/-hva-vant-jeg-ikke-3137515.html
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,903
    Farrar is looking a bit short...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Another clip on there from stage 2 is brilliant. Westra from Vacansoleil can't count the laps and launches his dash for the line a lap too early. Comedy gold.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/sykkel/-hva-vant-jeg-ikke-3137515.html

Doh, wings and redstripe on him.
  • Much nicer scenery than Qatar:

Will be really interesting to see when they start going up some of the hills.

Reuters
    610x.jpg
    610x.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest