Mountain bikers

13»

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Agree that a lot of MTBers overdo it - they demand a full on DH rig when they only do the odd 1 ft drop or pootly descent.

Mine's pretty sparse - started off light, has got a lot lighter and helped me win an off road tri last year. I absolutely love it even if it is a bit old now.

Got the road bike partly to open up other tri options (a few down here have open water swim, trail run but road bike section) but also just because it's a bit different. It also weighs a fair bit less than the MTB (despite being quite "low end") and has only had the wheels upgraded - impressive!

Still brick it if I get anywhere near any ironwork in the wet on the road bike and having a faster bike with worse brakes takes a bit of getting used to. All fun though - until I get run over.

Roger - I'm an old git (34) and have been riding since I was 4 - I remember cantilevers (my 94 British Eagle still has them!) friction gears, Tushingham (now Orange) bikes and got into MTBing on a Muddy Fox Courier - with bizarre chainstay mounted rear brakes!!