Time pedals and cleats

davewalsh
davewalsh Posts: 587
edited February 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Do all time pedals use the same cleats ? I've got a set of Roc Atac S on the MTB and I'm thinking of putting some Atac ALU's on the commuter but don't want to have 2 pairs of shoes. Also, my existing cleats are looking a bit sorry for themselves but the pedals are still perfect !

Comments

• Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Nope, different model/make pedals use different cleats :cry:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Danlube wrote:
    Nope, different model/make pedals use different cleats :cry:
    Wrong..there is only one type of cleat available for Time Atac pedals..so yes they should be fine.
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    ahem I read the post wrong :oops: Thought the question was do 'ALL' pedals use the same cleats...
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • http://www.timesport.fr/customer-servic ... 2.0.0.html
    "How do I change the release angle for the A.T.A.C. cleat?
    The current ATAC cleat offers either a 13 or 17 degree release angle. The current ATAC cleats are marked with either an R or an L. When the cleat marked with the R is installed on the right shoe and the cleat marked with an L is installed on the left shoe, then the cleats will release at 13 degrees. (Recommended for beginners)
    To make the cleats release at a 17 degree angle, install the cleat marked R on the left shoe and the cleat marked L on the right shoe.
    The original ATAC cleats offered a 15 or 20 degree release angle. For a 15 degree release, install the cleat with the star on the left shoe and the unmarked cleat on the right shoe. For the 20 degree release angle, install the unmarked cleat on the left shoe and the cleat with the star on the right shoe."