Free skills training sessions at Croft trail, Swindon.

tomstickland
tomstickland Posts: 402
edited March 2010 in MTB beginners
We've got a fully qualified instructor who is going to be running a load of training sessions in 2010. These will be skills sessions, based on the Croft trail which is a tight 5km single track loop in some woods near Swindon.

For more info subscribe to the MBSwindon mailing list. Bottom left of this page:
http://www.mbswindon.co.uk/

Comments

• These sessions will be free too.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    I Live in Corsham, and have riden with you before (one of the night rides before xmas)

May pop up for one.... the rain last tine i rode it (with all the slippy wood) really put me off the route, and its a little short for me to drive over to ride. but on a dry day i will give it a chance :)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • We've had a lot of issues with the woodwork, but believe that we now have the solution.
    We found that heavy duty flexible roofing tiles provides really good grip, so we're going to cover the wooden sections. They've moving anyway.
  • joec1
    Oooh cool.

Will arrange a forum meet up there some time then :) (have a group of people in the corsham / chippenham area.

how is the extended area coming along? it was reasonably new last time i rode it?
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Some existing sections have suffered in the rain and snow and need some remedial work.
    The new start is taking shape.
    We really need as much help as possible on the trail building days in March and April.
  • We've got 6 build days scheduled for March. We want to have a big push on getting the new start done.
    See www.mbswindon.co.uk or [url=hhttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2344061033&gid=41279586404]hhttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=ap ... 1279586404[/url] for event info.
  • joec1
    Tom,

Im gonna mention it to the fellas in my sig, as they are all pretty local to you.

Havent looked at your dates yet, but looking like we will be up on Sat the 13th March? if thats convenient? probably to ride a few laps and then if your about give you a hand for a few hours.

Cheers

Joe
  • Hi, that sounds great.
    Sat 13th wasn't originally scheduled in (Sun 14th was), but we never turn down the chance to do some trail work, so we can be there.
  • joec1
    Ok, will see who i can round up :)
  • How is it going with the round up?
  • joec1
    Tom,

Take a look yourself if you get a chance?

A Few have said that the dates arent too great for them (theres always going ot be a few)

but theres a few of us in so far... :)
  • Good work. I'm writing a news update for Croft/MB Swindon and will include a link to settingascene. We're going to add your site to our links too.